“Fans” that won’t support us if we get Allardyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
how the heck did up get there ?
What ya cooking, I'm hungry ?

Got some bream which will be baked in the oven shortly.

Squirt of lemon, bit of white wine, lightly seasoned with some thyme or oregano sprinkled over it. Wrap it in greaseproof paper and then in some foil, stick them in the oven at gas mark 5 for about 20 mins. Havn't decided what to have with them yet tbh.

Anyway, what do you think about fans who won't go to the game while Sam's in charge mate ? Personally I think that's fine, each to their own, but I hope we get to the Cup Final and they stick to their guns while we lift a trophy.

Squirt of lemon, bit of white wine, lightly seasoned with some thyme or oregano sprinkled over it. Wrap it in greaseproof paper and then in some foil, stick them in the oven at gas mark 5 for about 20 mins. Havn't decided what to have with them yet tbh.

Anyway, what do you think about fans who won't go to the game while Sam's in charge mate ? Personally I think that's fine, each to their own, but I hope we get to the Cup Final and they stick to their guns while we lift a trophy.

Posh talk for fish 'n chips eh ?

* legs it while giggling to meself ;) *

Personally WB, I find it a bit of a high horse śtandpoint... and imo there's not a chance they would stick to their guns in the event we got to the Cup Final.

There's no way I would miss a cup final whoever was in charge of the team, no true supporter would imo.

mould mush...

Mold is a large village in North Wales, but I'm sure you know that don't you?

Not necessarily Andy, mold is generally (certainly in manufacturing) the correct spelling for casting polymers, molten metals, etc, whilst mould is for fungi... think ‘breaking the mold’ refers to the former

Posh talk for fish 'n chips eh ?

* legs it while giggling to meself ;) *

We had a debate as to whether to have chips or not.
Went something like this ...

Me : Do you fancy chips with the bream ?
Her : Sounds good, yea.

Me : Peel some chippers then will you ?
Her : Oven chips'll be fine love

Me : We're all out of oven chips
Her : Oh

*impass for 10 minutes *

Eventually, she peeled some Maris Piper's

Personally WB, I find it a bit of a high horse śtandpoint... and imo there's not a chance they would stick to their guns in the event we got to the Cup Final.

There's no way I would miss a cup final whoever was in charge of the team, no true supporter would imo.
Some of us like high horses Andy.;) Some will stick to their guns, as some will no doubt change their opinions on Allardyce if he gets the team performing well. Every fan has a right to act as they see fit as I'm sure you'll agree, and you have a right to approve or disapprove of their actions. But I believe it's wrong for you to judge people, especially people you don't know, as to whether they are true fans or not.

In a nutshell.

In a nutshell.

Not really, I have been to every final we have lost since 1984. I had already decided to swerve the next one so that my jinx would not strike again. Allardyce being there means that I would not have attended, but I had already decided not to, not that it matters anyway. I missed 84 because my child was born and I missed 85 because I was skint.

My decision not to attend, please don't presume to tell me if I care or not, or even if I am a fan or not.

Not really, I have been to every final we have lost since 1984. I had already decided to swerve the next one so that my jinx would not strike again. Allardyce being there means that I would not have attended, but I had already decided not to, not that it matters anyway. I missed 84 because my child was born and I missed 85 because I was skint.

My decision not to attend, please don't presume to tell me if I care or not, or even if I am a fan or not.
What sort of excuse is that mate?:).

Seriously though, a mate of mine travelled to Amsterdam for 4 nights for the 85 CWCF. He was on the dole and hardly ever went the game because he couldn't afford it. There was a group of us making a break of it on the cheap, staying in a £5 a night youth hostel and getting an overnight National coach to London heavily discounted because we had some Mars bars wrappers or something. My mate still couldn't afford it but didn't want to miss out. So he sold his wife's sewing machine without telling her, to pay for the trip.

None of us knew. We're all over there having a great time and this mate is as quiet as a mouse, which is most unlike him. When we get back to London on he Friday for the Utd game, he comes clean. He was absolutely crapping himself over what his missus was gong to do to him when he got back. If you'd met her you'd know why. lol

What sort of excuse is that mate?:).

Seriously though, a mate of mine travelled to Amsterdam for 4 nights for the 85 CWCF. He was on the dole and hardly ever went the game because he couldn't afford it. There was a group of us making a break of it on the cheap, staying in a £5 a night youth hostel and getting an overnight National coach to London heavily discounted because we had some Mars bars wrappers or something. My mate still couldn't afford it but didn't want to miss out. So he sold his wife's sewing machine without telling her, to pay for the trip.

None of us knew. We're all over there having a great time and this mate is as quiet as a mouse, which is most unlike him. When we get back to London on he Friday for the Utd game, he comes clean. He was absolutely crapping himself over what his missus was gong to do to him when he got back. If you'd met her you'd know why. lol
I was at school and bunked off, but I am hardcore...

Even got me fiver deposit back for a field trip I'd booked to go on but something slightly more important came up.

Proper rebel me like.

I think you've been at that white wine lad.

If I might be permitted to put my tuppence worth in, chaps.

And I don't care if anyone takes offence at this :mad:

IMO anyone taking this non existent moral high ground on the internet and going on and on and on about "not going the match until the fat crook is out my club :rant:" is either a very infrequent visitor to The Park or has never set foot inside it.

What regular supporter or season ticket holder would stop going the game just because he or she doesn't fancy the manager?

Going the match is addictive and it is habit forming and only ill health, poverty or anno domini (probably a mix of all three together :() will stop me going.

I say this because I know at least half a dozen season ticket holders who said all through the new manager hunt saga that if Big Sam got the job they would never be back while he is there.

I saw them all either in the Oak or outside the ground before Huddersfield lol

At least four of them are going to The Pit tomorrow :pint2:

So if anyone is trying to tell me on here that they are an STH or even a couple of times a season attendee or one of our legion of posters who make an annual or semi annual jaunt from across the Atlantic, the Irish Sea of the Eurpean landmass but will not be going no moah while Sam is here then just tell it to the hand.....because I do not believe you :p

This is your team....it is my team....it is our team.

It is not about Sam Allardyce......it is about us and we go the game no matter who the temporary incumbent (because they are all temporary incumbents) happens to be at any given time.

Even if Donald Trump was the manager :Blink:

(OK....I might draw the line there and join you in your protest given that scenario :hayee:)

Another thing bugging me on here right now is the Sad Sack defeatism among so many of our friends re tomorrow's derby and dreading it and hoping it us snowed off.

Catch a flippin' grip, guys.

If you can't get excited and dream of a victory in these kind of games what is the point of this whole football supporting malarkey?

I ain't even going the game but I am already on tenterhooks and I will not sleep much tonight.

Ol' Khal just cannot wait to get at this shower tomorrow :dance:

COYBB

(rant over......back to the vino ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.