£500 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milk

Udderly delicious
Asking price of Everton according to The Guardian

Even though we are a basket case, if true, I would have thought there would be interest

Asking price of Everton according to The Guardian

Even though we are a basket case, if true, I would have thought there would be interest
The article states nothing that isn't in the video released by Everton with Mr Moshiri and the fella from the fan advisory board.

No one will buy us until relegation is decided..
This.

Why buy now at that price (and double it for the stadium funding) when you could just wait until the inevitable and get us half price. If an investor accountant billionaire thinks sell, be very wary. Also aren’t the Championships affordability rules quite horrific compared to the premiership Anyone that knows anything about football wouldn’t touch us with a dirty stick.

Well here's me wondering if this wouldn't present an opportunity for anyone looking to own a share, y'know kinda for the sake of it.

I've personally been looking for putting any money to spare for that use, or pooling together a group (like our national supporter group) to buy a share. Kinda for posterity but also to be able to send someone to AGMs (even though those are not really worth it these days).

Surely news like this would have the share price strongly reduced for anyone with a minority stake looking to liquidate too, right?

As stated above, anyone looking for a share surely should look to buy in when relegated, but then again that might not happen either. Big risk, little reward opportunity this, but potentially even more so if we're down and saddled by debt with less revenue on top of that.

Well here's me wondering if this wouldn't present an opportunity for anyone looking to own a share, y'know kinda for the sake of it.

I've personally been looking for putting any money to spare for that use, or pooling together a group (like our national supporter group) to buy a share. Kinda for posterity but also to be able to send someone to AGMs (even though those are not really worth it these days).

Surely news like this would have the share price strongly reduced for anyone with a minority stake looking to liquidate too, right?

As stated above, anyone looking for a share surely should look to buy in when relegated, but then again that might not happen either. Big risk, little reward opportunity this, but potentially even more so if we're down and saddled by debt with less revenue on top of that.
You will be able to purchase multiple shares next year for the same outlay...

I would imagine that £500m is primarily based on the new stadium and being in the premier league. If we do get relegated I would have thought that we would be worth about half that?

I think most people looking at it would wait till the season is over.

Or if we stay up the price for us goes up. So if anybody is interested it's a gamble to buy us possibly now but cheaper than if we stay up, which if we get a few results (I know I know) would look more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.