Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are better players out there at the sort of price that Sigurdsson is about to go for, but at least the club is over-spending on someone that will suit the functional, no-frills football that Koeman is introducing.

It's not how I'd choose to see it done, but I can appreciate the benefits of having a clear direction and sticking to it.
There might be, but I've still yet to see them named. We got Tielemans, who wouldn't come here, and isn't a playmaker or in the league of Gyfil yet. Then we got Marcus Ginter. That happened.

Beyond that, someone thinks Mahrez is apparently worth 27M, which he's not, and Salah, who isn't as good as Sigurdsson IMO.

I think it's an overpay, too, but again, who are these players that could come in cheaper that would be better? Brozovic? Andre Silva?

hearing 45mil + add ons will be done by the end of the week

same person that told me rooney was done 2 year deal when the papers were still reporting a possible loan deal

Tells me he expects to leave the club to be honest. He doesn't want to be elsewhere when a deal is finally reached so it can go through quickly.

I would be pretty sure that it wasn't that he just couldn't be arsed getting out of bed this morning mate.

These things are usually sorted out before any statement is released.

You could see in Paul Clement's interview that is was almost certain that he was off.

They said that he didnt feel in the right frame of mind, I hate that phrase.

If it was Lukaku, or Stones that done that then we would be livid.

Stay professional, go on the tour (like Giroud) and if something happens, fly back.

I'd honestly would love us to walk away and get him for half that when they get relegated next year, I'd get so much satisfaction.

They said that he didnt feel in the right frame of mind, I hate that phrase.

If it was Lukaku, or Stones that done that then we would be livid.

Stay professional, go on the tour (like Giroud) and if something happens, fly back.

That's the phrase they always use for "we are close to agreeing a deal to sell him for shed loads of dosh so no point in him going"

How do we know that the reason for him not travelling is due to us - and not Leicester submitting an improved bid?
AAEAAQAAAAAAAAckAAAAJDUyM2VjNTMyLWYxYTUtNGU4ZS1hZTI1LWM5M2RmNTRiMGZmOA.jpg

Everton recieved £132m from sky for nothing, literally nothing. Everton used to play every Saturday for no more than gate receipts and sponsorship money.
Why are people freeting like a pensioner walking through an underpass because we will pay £40-50m for a player our more than decent manager believes will improve our team.
He'll prove an expensive but shrewd purchase. Sigurdson equals goals not to mention another captain/leader in the team.
Go get him I say.

Says it all for me mate. Sure 40 or even 50m for Sigi is very toppy and probably inconceivable a year ago. But the whole of the Prem has had a massive shot in the arm from Sky. Inflation is inevitable, plus our mission to get our business done early is likely pushing things up as we're effectively setting the market. But we have nearly all our targets. In July!

Just waiting for the 'Moshiri hasn't spent a penny' brigade to roll up with the new mantra 'we're overpaying for everyone'.

You just can't win...

Status
Not open for further replies.