Everton Youth Teams Thread

Sorry wrong choice of word, overseeing.

Rafael and Brands are going to be making a lot of changes in how we operate.

I mean to play devils advocate here, but has Benitez ever really successfully led an academy?

At Liverpool, they had a flourishing academy. He sacked Steve Heighway, and from when he came in, they went about 15 years without having a single academy graduate making 50 league appearances (which I believe was Heighways measure for "making it").

He basically gutted and ruined a very successful academy.

That's the only issue I know of him. Other than him selling academy graduates at Newcastle like Toney and Armstrong, costing the club millions so he could play rubbish like Rondon.

I mean to play devils advocate here, but has Benitez ever really successfully led an academy?

At Liverpool, they had a flourishing academy. He sacked Steve Heighway, and from when he came in, they went about 15 years without having a single academy graduate making 50 league appearances (which I believe was Heighways measure for "making it").

He basically gutted and ruined a very successful academy.

That's the only issue I know of him. Other than him selling academy graduates at Newcastle like Toney and Armstrong, costing the club millions so he could play rubbish like Rondon.
I may be wrong but didn’t Heighway retire after winning the youth cup two years on the trot

8th placed Everton u23s looking for a 3rd win in a row (Took 7 points from last 9) play away to 4th placed spurs who have took 10 points from 12 tonight in a 7pm ko
---------------
Everton u18s play their Premier league u18s final group game tomorrow Home v Arsenal - ko 11am, needing to win to have any chance to go through, even as the only one from the best 2nd placed teams from the 8 groups

Burnley 4 points from 2 games - GD Plus 2
Arsenal 4 points from 2 games - GD Plus 1
Everton 3 points from 2 games - GD Plus 1
West Ham 0 points from 2 games - GD Minus 4

Everton u23s Team

FFJFcUbXIAQsHxz

FFJAlydWQAEYW8M

Spurs 1 up in 1st Minute

Last edited: