Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot of people would not agree with me but I would have no objections to signing Ross Barclay again on loan, would add something to our midfield.
yes not a bad shout. I think most would have said no 18months ago. But for all his issues,ike giving the ball away cheaply at times, basically that’s our whole midfield and making the wrong decisions. He’s still capable of a brilliant bit of skill, a pass, a shot.

That’s all great and I’d agree, but if you are struggling to pay fee’s and need 5/6 players. Unfortunately we may have to take the odd gamble.
Worst thing we could do. Far better, if needs be, to use the loan market. Only paying a loan fee and or a percentage of the players wages and being able to give them back if they don't work out

Take a free transfer on of an established player and there will be a signing fee and high wages to pay and the likelihood of being stuck with a dud for 2 or 3 years.

Worst thing we could do. Far better, if needs be, to use the loan market. Only paying a loan fee and or a percentage of the players wages and being able to give them back if they don't work out

Take a free transfer on of an established player and there will be a signing fee and high wages to pay and the likelihood of being stuck with a dud for 2 or 3 years.
But I’d say it’s very unlikely we loan and the club pay some of the wages, to a prem club. And if you go down the Man Utd route or Barca there fringe players will already be on top dollar and you will need to pay a loan fee.

We could end up paying 10mil in loan fees and wages for 12months.
And the clubs in the championship or weaker leagues around Europe, their fringe players won’t be worth a toss.

Loan to buy would be a better idea, but again that’s a very difficult deal to do.

But I’d say it’s very unlikely we loan and the club pay some of the wages, to a prem club. And if you go down the Man Utd route or Barca there fringe players will already be on top dollar and you will need to pay a loan fee.

We could end up paying 10mil in loan fees and wages for 12months.
And the clubs in the championship or weaker leagues around Europe, their fringe players won’t be worth a toss.

Loan to buy would be a better idea, but again that’s a very difficult deal to do.
Yes I see what you mean, but, it would cost considerably more to sign a player like Ramsey on a free and you would have to pay his wages for 2 years if you were lucky and more likely 3 years.

His signing on fee alone would be several millions and his wages would be somewhere north of 140,000 per week for the duration of his contract. Bearing in mind the age and injury record of the player, we could be in the position of paying massive wages to have a player on the treatment table for 3 years and because of the wages we would find it very difficult to move them on.

I use Ramsey as an example, but, it could just as easily apply to any veteran big name player we got on a so called free transfer.

I feel like we get linked with Ross Barkley every season. Linked with a move on loan, he has only played twice this season at Chelsea. I think on loan wouldn't be terrible, would give us another option, its just his decision making and final ball for me that lets him down. But we know Benitez has been a fan of his for a long time.

View attachment 145377

https://www.[Publication is blackli...y-loan-deal-with-buy-option-for-ross-barkley/

"Ross and I have kept in touch ever since he moved to Chelsea. I have a high tech, ultra modern computer system which is at the forefront of modern technology.

This system has enabled me to highlight 'hidden gems' such as the unknown Townsend, Begovic, Lonergan and Rondon. Not to mention that I also kept in close contact with Gray when he moved to Leverkusen.

I once saw him play for Leicester, you know".

-- Expect this to be rolled out if he signed Barkley.

Its a 100% no from me.

Yes I see what you mean, but, it would cost considerably more to sign a player like Ramsey on a free and you would have to pay his wages for 2 years if you were lucky and more likely 3 years.

His signing on fee alone would be several millions and his wages would be somewhere north of 140,000 per week for the duration of his contract. Bearing in mind the age and injury record of the player, we could be in the position of paying massive wages to have a player on the treatment table for 3 years and because of the wages we would find it very difficult to move them on.

I use Ramsey as an example, but, it could just as easily apply to any veteran big name player we got on a so called free transfer.
Yes again it depends on the deal I don’t see loads being in for Ramsey and it whether the club couid do an 18month deal and he gets a bonus every time he plays. And he’s then a free agent again and can do another deal elsewhere IE America.

If we got Barkley on loan for 12months from Chelsea, we wouldn’t get much change out of 10mil

Barkley had similar issues to Grealish earlier this year , Villa paid to sort Grealish out but wouldn't do it for Barkley as he was only on loan hence the reason he wS no where near team last few months last season. He not in Chelsea squad this year so hopefully they sorting him out, he putting pics up of himself back in training so it's a gamble

Barkley had similar issues to Grealish earlier this year , Villa paid to sort Grealish out but wouldn't do it for Barkley as he was only on loan hence the reason he wS no where near team last few months last season. He not in Chelsea squad this year so hopefully they sorting him out, he putting pics up of himself back in training so it's a gamble
He’s been playing games for Chelsea. Im
Sure he started one recently and has come off the bench a few times

Yes again it depends on the deal I don’t see loads being in for Ramsey and it whether the club couid do an 18month deal and he gets a bonus every time he plays. And he’s then a free agent again and can do another deal elsewhere IE America.

If we got Barkley on loan for 12months from Chelsea, we wouldn’t get much change out of 10mil
There are players in France, Spain and Italy who would be available on loan, younger players who would be far cheaper. It's Brands' job to identify them.

As regards Ramsey, if he doesn't get top Dollar, he will be of to the middle East or USA or somewhere that he can get what he wants.

I'm sure Barkley would be far less than 10 million as a loan package, but , I wouldn't have him as a gift.

I feel like we get linked with Ross Barkley every season. Linked with a move on loan, he has only played twice this season at Chelsea. I think on loan wouldn't be terrible, would give us another option, its just his decision making and final ball for me that lets him down. But we know Benitez has been a fan of his for a long time.

View attachment 145377

https://www.[Publication is blackli...y-loan-deal-with-buy-option-for-ross-barkley/
If Barkley came back he would be good enough to be a starter, he has come on since leaving IMO.

I dont get the fume over him coming back either, ESPECIALLY seeing we have had Rooney back and bringing in Rafael......

Edit: I`d defo be looking at Loftus-Cheek if I was Brands, have said this for 2 years or more.

There are players in France, Spain and Italy who would be available on loan, younger players who would be far cheaper. It's Brands' job to identify them.

As regards Ramsey, if he doesn't get top Dollar, he will be of to the middle East or USA or somewhere that he can get what he wants.

I'm sure Barkley would be far less than 10 million as a loan package, but , I wouldn't have him as a gift.
Yes this was the original point of my post. I would prefer us to get younger players from abroad. But im not sure Rafael will, he’s got a small window to get the fans on side and show improvement quickly.

Hoping 2/3 youngsters from France or Spain hit the ground running, is a gamble. That I’m sure he will not take. He’d prefer experienced prem players IMO. A youngster brought in as a back and for the future is hopefully what brands is looking at.

Barkley is on 100k a week, I’d imagine we would have to pay all That, if we got him on loan plus a fee.

He’s been playing games for Chelsea. Im
Sure he started one recently and has come off the bench a few times

1636565645211.png

Status
Not open for further replies.