Status
Not open for further replies.
Off the top of my head:
Arsenal away 7-0
Arsenal home 1-6
Wigan Cup 0-3
West Brom home 1-4
Dynamo Bucharest away 5-1

I mean, Arsenal were champions when those hammering were handed out (and one was after qualifying for 4th). Bucharest was an away game.

The other 2 werent great, but Wigan I thought was 3-1. It happens, but there was usually a good response from Moyes, so looking forward to a win on Monday!

I have to say, none of the above got close to the embarrassment of Saturday.

I mean, Arsenal were champions when those hammering were handed out (and one was after qualifying for 4th). Bucharest was an away game.

The other 2 werent great, but Wigan I thought was 3-1. It happens, but there was usually a good response from Moyes, so looking forward to a win on Monday!

I have to say, none of the above got close to the embarrassment of Saturday.
Everton 0 - 3 Wigan. 3 goals in 3 minutes, capitulation I'd say. We've been on the end of such results for many years, including the Moyes era, in which I which was just responding to a previous comment. Saturday was shocking though.

There's nothing normal about getting thrashed at home by Watford. Who have never beaten us at Goodison. Never.
It's not normal for us to win at anfield either, but last year we did. Still, when we counted the points after 38 games, the position was quite normal. People have a cognitive bias to put too much into individual matches / events, and usually let it override rational arguments.

I see Michael Ball in his Echo column is getting tore into him about the set up from set pieces, lack of possession/playing on front foot against crap teams at home and the game plan being very predictable. Pretty fair analysis of the situation.

We all accept he’s been dealt a bum hand but set up from set pieces is all over the shop. Either he coaches immediate improvement (unlikely with this group) or he changes it - if he doesn’t and it continues then he’s not immune from criticism.

The absolute dross at our club is not down to Benitez, aside from Rondon. Even then it was a free transfer gamble - but it hasn't worked.
Most of the 'squad' won't leave the gravy train voluntarily and no-one wants to sign them.They fake inuries so they can stay under the radar whilst drawing a ridiculous wage.That's our fault for signing them amd some blame for Brands for agreeing to the wages.

I see no point whatsoever in bringing in a new manager so we can go through the whole cycle again.
Benitez needs time to build his own team. He should now know who he can trust and who he can't. We certainly do.
He desperately needs Mina and DCL back though - if he's going to persist with zonal marking.
Alex Ferguson couldn't get a tune out of this squad - let alone Thomas Frank. It's time to drop a few - out of the squad completely - and try some youngsters.
Hopefully we can scramble some points before the January window opens.

You mean apart from Forevertalkingbollocks saying the 5-2 defeat was ok, because ancelotti drew 2-2 against Newcastle.
All right, knock it off with the personal insults eh.
If you disagree with another poster either ignore or discuss reasonably.

We lost against Watford because a player did a totally unnecessarily sary foul and gave away a free kick in a dangerous position, another conceded an unnecessary corner, yet another didn't know where he was in the pitch.
The players lost the game for the manager.

Look back at the team selections and subbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.