2021/22 Rafael Benitez

Well?

• IN

• OUT

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone agrees that Benitez was not an ideal appointment for Everton. Is he outdated, has he lost his passion, is he a good manager? We may disagree / agree, but a selection of 9 matches does not exactly give any definite answers.

Right now we are in 8th place in the league. It is not a disaster, although the match against Watford can be described as that.

Actually, the situation is completely normal. We are not among the worst, nor are we among the best. So what people are complaining about is that nothing abnormal has happened, especially in a positive sense.

I think people will be far happier if they orient themselves to reality. As long as we do not get a very large bag of money, and / or get leaders who are extremely innovative, then this will be the norm season after season.
There's nothing normal about getting thrashed at home by Watford. Who have never beaten us at Goodison. Never.

The managerial game doesn’t come with a guarantee that says if ‘I don’t have a fully fit squad so I’m taking no responsibility for defeats’
Yes of course it effects managers ability to get results with a weakened team but theirs no way Benitez is not part of the reason for that defeat.

His decision to play Rondon and keep him on the pitch
His decision to replace Gordon when he was being effective
His decision we started and finished with a 2 man midfield when a change could and should of been made
His decision to stick with zonal marking

Every single one of the above was a huge contributing factor of that shambles we saw and HE made them decisions.

There isn’t even a debate here.
I agree there isnt a debate, the players do need to step up, but that 11 that ended the game should of won, yes Rondon was a disgrace but so was Godfrey, so was Lucas, Davies was poor too but at least he scored.
His decision to play Rondon is forced by the injury to DCL, i do agree i dont uderstand the idea to replace Gordon, as for the 2 man midfield, with Doc out our midfield is grim no matter who plays, also the zone thing i do agree on.

However no DCL, no Mina, No Doc, all 3 are replaced by a poor player who wouldnt be starting if they were fit.

Be interesting to see what he does about the zone thing about Wolves

I agree there isnt a debate, the players do need to step up, but that 11 that ended the game should of won, yes Rondon was a disgrace but so was Godfrey, so was Lucas, Davies was poor too but at least he scored.
His decision to play Rondon is forced by the injury to DCL, i do agree i dont uderstand the idea to replace Gordon, as for the 2 man midfield, with Doc out our midfield is grim no matter who plays, also the zone thing i do agree on.

However no DCL, no Mina, No Doc, all 3 are replaced by a poor player who wouldnt be starting if they were fit.

Be interesting to see what he does about the zone thing about Wolves
He'll use zonal marking. He's used it his entire coaching career and he'll use it again. He'll also start Rondon.

We did that before Moyes and since Moyes tbf. The wins at grounds without fans last season weren’t really the same challenge at all.
Yes but I’m trying to point out that Everton under Moyes wasn’t the trophy & fun-packed football fiesta that some may have us believe.

This was always going to happen the second something went wrong, always. It’s why he should never have been appointed, the feelings of the fanbase should not have been completely ignored. We don’t mean a thing to the people making the decisions at this club.

I can't believe the likes of Moshiri / board didn't consider that if things started going tits up with Benitez in charge the fume would be 10 fold more than any manager we have had because of Benitez's links with the RS etc, way more than the likes of grief Martinez got and he got it to death.

I can't believe the likes of Moshiri / board didn't consider that if things started going tits up with Benitez in charge the fume would be 10 fold more than any manager we have had because of Benitez's links with the RS etc, way more than the likes of grief Martinez got and he got it to death.
Maybe they did, but then who else could they have got ? Its just a bad coincidence the best person for the job once managed them, but they will have talked about it, you could tell by the way it was announced they knew, but because they really didnt have much choice, mainnly of there own doing, there wasnt anything else they could do.
The mess Moshiri has made cant be under estimated, just like Big Sam he is here now as a result of the mismanagment over the last 5 or 6 years

Status
Not open for further replies.