Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can sneak a win here we go 9 clear of Villa with a better GD. If Utd beat West Ham we would go 5 clear of them with better GD.

Still think this will be a point at best but a win would be massive in terms of putting some early space between us and the rivals for Europa League.

Hope Chelsea smash Spurs as well.

Jesus wept you haven’t won a trophy since before we last won one which was 25 years ago for us. Very similar clubs in many ways. Everton level above Villa....Nonsense .

I mean, I agree historically, the clubs are quite similar, from being founding members to the number of trophies we've each won.

Being relegated is a massive black mark on Villa's recent history though, something Everton have not managed to do (despite our best efforts sometimes) since the 1950s.

I think we will struggle to deal with their intensity. If we start as slowly as we did against Burnley we'll be 2 down before we know it. It's a decent test to see if Benitez can change the mindset. My prediction would be 3-1 to Villa

Trevor Ross scores Everton FC’s second goal from the penalty spot in their 4-1 win against Aston Villa FC in this FA Cup third round tie played at Goodison Park on the 7th January 1978.

Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Digne
Doucoure - Allan
Townsend - Iwobi - Gray
Richarlison

I reckon we see something like that tomorrow, Gomes possibly in for Iwobi. Think Godfrey will be rotated out with us sitting deep

It's a good stage of the season to be playing them, lots of new faces and a team still settling down to a far greater degree than we are I think.

I think for where we are, we can't really "expect" three points there, if that becomes the case in seasons to come, we will have done very well.

We are well capable of it on the day though.

First goal crucial again - it's asking an awful lot to mount another comeback, particularly away. We do look vulnerable defensively.

I would be satisfied if not happy with a point, depending on the circumstances of how the game unfolds.

1-1.
So, we want them to score first?

Please elaborate?

Are you suggesting we get stuffed and Benny is back to being the villain?

Or..

Are you suggesting we turn them over and start chanting his name, buying Benitez duvet covers and lovingly referring to him as Raffa the Gaffa?
Yes, to the second option, if we win tomorrow for any one to persist with any negativity would be more embarrassing then anything we have ever laughed at on RAWK

I'm going with the Christmas tree formation

Screenshot 2021-09-17 at 12.11.33.png

Status
Not open for further replies.