Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he signs I'll wait and see how he does but for me we shouldn't be taking big risks on starting 11 signings.

Squad players fair enough have a punt on a Demari Gray type but if we cant bring in a RB with pedigree would rather we stick with Coleman and keep our powder dry until next summer when we can go out and afford a good long term option.
I honestly don't know anything about the lad, so don't have an opinion, more the overall recruitment we have been doing the last few years

At this stage I would take a cheap punt rather than settle for Coleman at right back who we know is going to get rinsed all season. It’s literally all we can do, we can’t afford a top right back.

…not sure Coleman ‘gets rinsed’, he was effective for many games last season & had a positive impact coming off the bench. Whilst he’s not what he was, the key issue is him is staying fit. We certainly need a progressive signing at RB, but Coleman can still do a reasonable job.

Would fans be happy if we tarnished our rep and just took the fine for ignoring PL FFP? Or do we need to wake up and stick with this new approach? (not overpaying just to get a name, lower fees instead of the bare minimum £24.75 mill per player).
They would give us a ten point deduction, a transfer ban and orders to lower our outgoings.

At this stage I would take a cheap punt rather than settle for Coleman at right back who we know is going to get rinsed all season. It’s literally all we can do, we can’t afford a top right back.

Just give it Kenny least he will give the Park End lads a right good gurn after putting in a tasty tackle

All this proven pedigree or pl experience talk makes me reminisce about what I was thinking when we signed Iwobi, Williams, Siggo, Gomes, Bernard, Delph, Tosun, Schneiderlin and Bolaise.

A lot of these points are relevant to football and other clubs, but, understand this, nothing ever translates to Everton.

…not sure Coleman ‘gets rinsed’, he was effective for many games last season & had a positive impact coming off the bench. Whilst he’s not what he was, the key issue is him is staying fit. We certainly need a progressive signing at RB, but Coleman can still do a reasonable job.
Selectively though Eggs. He isn't the athlete he was, and even if he stays relatively injury free he doesn't have the legs to bomb up and down the wing anymore every game. He's a 1 in 2 at best.

If we want to compete properly for European football this season we need a new first choice RB.

Rondon: 11 goals in 32 games for Newcastle

Kean: 2 goals in 31 games for Everton

Dont fall into the trap that many do on here and form an opinion on a player by their age/how sexy their name is.

Rondon on a free transfer would be reliable back up off the bench and suits the lone target man role miles more than Kean who looks like a pub player when up top on his own.

Just dont think he sounds the quality we need as a 1st choice RB.

Sort of player for me who you could take a punt on as back up like Nkounkou but wouldn't feel confident in a 24 year old from a farmers league who's never played higher than the Portuguese under 20's coming in and getting thrown into the deep end in the toughest league around its a risk to say the least...

We can if we SELL players. Which im sure we will be doing.

Also, dont forget four things:

1: Selling fee is shown on the books immediately. Purchase fee is over the length of the players contract.

2: We have players to sell...im confident we will make sales.

3: Italian sides do what we offered with Dumfries. 1 or 2 year loan with an obligation to buy.

4: Dumfries isnt actually very good and supposedly preferred Inter.

Youre asking me to add up hypothetical transfer fees of players?

Im sure you can do that yourself and it will be far higher than £275mil.
Not quite. How much, if any of a sale goes to the P&L depends on what the book value of the player sold is at that point.

Say Kean has a book value at the moment of £16m and we get £30m then the £14m goes to profit. If we sold him for £10m we’d show a £6m loss.

Probably what you meant, but your wording was a bit misleading.

Its the hope that kills you, we all thought we were going to follow the Atlético, Dortmund model of buying young talent and selling high but Brands seems to be redundant - instead every Moshiri appointed manager is allowed to break that model and buy 3 of their own picks. Yes on Aarons/Emerson or Baku for rb but not on McNeil where you going to play him. Need natural rw not another lw. Howd Antony play throughout Olympics - seen Malcom back in mix and got minutes.

Yes, sensible posters thought that. However there were others who raved about the signings of Bolasie, Keane and the like for big fees and wages yet no upside.

Ive not watched any football this summer, neither the euros or the olympics.

I believe we should have 3 wide players able to rotate. For me, id like Richarlison and Antony on the left/right but i also think McNeil brings fantastic crossing ability and workrate so id be fine with him for a season...although prefer Antony.

If we can get some sales through then theres a lot of players available for us to sign....even Gravenberch and Antony could be possible if we made some sales.

I think the fact that we got skinned down our right hand side constantly last season and every team we played made a point of doubling up and overloading the left wing, suggests that yes, he does get rinsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.