Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just dont think he sounds the quality we need as a 1st choice RB.

Sort of player for me who you could take a punt on as back up like Nkounkou but wouldn't feel confident in a 24 year old from a farmers league who's never played higher than the Portuguese under 20's coming in and getting thrown into the deep end in the toughest league around its a risk to say the least...
This basically.

If we needed a back up I'd have no issues.

Aleix Vidal available there on a free transfer, go and give him a 12 month contract which gives us time to fix the RB situation next summer with hopefully more funds available

Would fans be happy if we tarnished our rep and just took the fine for ignoring PL FFP? Or do we need to wake up and stick with this new approach? (not overpaying just to get a name, lower fees instead of the bare minimum £24.75 mill per player).

Virgil Van Dead was 24 when he went to Southampton though, it's a mindset at the club that really hasn't paid any dividends

If he signs I'll wait and see how he does but for me we shouldn't be taking big risks on starting 11 signings.

Squad players fair enough have a punt on a Demari Gray type but if we cant bring in a RB with pedigree would rather we stick with Coleman and keep our powder dry until next summer when we can go out and afford a good long term option.

Would fans be happy if we tarnished our rep and just took the fine for ignoring PL FFP? Or do we need to wake up and stick with this new approach? (not overpaying just to get a name, lower fees instead of the bare minimum £24.75 mill per player).
Think we could get point reductions for breaking it.

Not that it would be fair given the continuous rule violations of others.

But you bet your bottom dollar that we would be make example of

Virgil Van Dead was 24 when he went to Southampton though, it's a mindset at the club that really hasn't paid any dividends
I'd say this is the equivalent of when Celtic bought him initially 2 years earlier when he was still 21. By the time Southampton bought him he had excelled in Scotland and had broken into the Dutch squad and this was reflected in his price of £13m, which was a fair amount for for a defender at the time.

Had VVD come directly to the premier league 2 years earlier, rather than the much easier Scottish league, he may very well have found the step up in class too much to handle and not developed into the world class defender he is today.

Status
Not open for further replies.