Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wouldn't do better than 9th-12th anyway. He is garbage.

Lets wait and see - I think he'll do well but not enough for top 7 with how other clubs are recruiting compared to us/Brands.

The last few years of silly spending on average players has basically made this season a write off in terms of any serious hopes of europe as we are working on too limited a budget to improve this squad of bang average players.

And if he’d never been at the pit 90% would have said yes. It’s unfortunate but Carlo dropped us in the crap. I don’t remember a long line of decent managers knocking on our door wanting to take over. Benitez really wanted it because he has something to prove. The worst that can happen is he fails, just like our previous list of managers and gets kicked out. The best that can happen is that he wins something. Notwithstanding his previous association with the RS and his previous comments, I think the man will work his nuts off for our benefit. We really have nothing to lose…..

Benitez really wanted it because his family lives within walking distance.

Let's not pretend otherwise.

It's been messy since Moyes left, in fact it was messy at time then too, if things arnt smooth from now until Christmas you cant blame Benitez, not with the mess he is brave enough to take on
Lol, another one getting excuses in early for Benitez. If things ain't smooth between now and Christmas that is on Benitez. We were 2nd at Christmas last year with this squad of players.

Half of our fan base calling him a fat kopite rat and writing him off anyway doesn't really give him the best chance. People wanting him to fail aren't Everton fans in my eyes. I want to see us win every single game regardless of whose in charge.
Nobody in here really wants him to fail because that means Everton will fail. People, like me, who don't want Benitez here don't want him because we think he will be the reason for us not winning. It's not the same thing.

Half of our fan base calling him a fat kopite rat and writing him off anyway doesn't really give him the best chance. People wanting him to fail aren't Everton fans in my eyes. I want to see us win every single game regardless of whose in charge.
I don't think that's true. I think we all want to see us win every game. I don't think its unreasonable to say that the appointment of the FSW has dramatically reduced the chances of that happening. Thats not un-Evertonian, its the polar opposite!

What difference does it make us calling him a fat kopite rat? (It's factually correct, apart from the rat bit) if we don't win, it's on him.

I can't stand the bloke, I don't want him anywhere near the club - but I want us to win every single game. However, if we don't finish closer to the European spots than last season, I'll deem him a failure.

What does that even mean?
I know you can read.
I don't think that's true. I think we all want to see us win every game. I don't think its unreasonable to say that the appointment of the FSW has dramatically reduced the chances of that happening. Thats not un-Evertonian, its the polar opposite!
Doesn't seem like that, people are setting him up as a failure from the start.
What difference does it make us calling him a fat kopite rat? (It's factually correct, apart from the rat bit) if we don't win, it's on him.

I can't stand the bloke, I don't want him anywhere near the club - but I want us to win every single game. However, if we don't finish closer to the European spots than last season, I'll deem him a failure.
He's so far been given 1.5 million to spend, a mile off Ancelotti. If he finishes on a better points tally than Ancelotti even by 1 point he's doing a good job. The squad is miles off top 7. Why can't you stand him? Do you know him personally?

Status
Not open for further replies.