Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn’t be signing McNeil, his attacking stats are awful and it’s clearly down to him and not Burnley being Burnley, on an unrelated note it’s mad how Godfrey is such a good defender despite coming from a Norwich team that conceded for fun in the PL. Also mad that Gana was the best midfielder we had in years and is now playing for PSG when we signed him from a crap Villa team who said he was crap.

It’s almost as if a players individual qualities isn’t reflected by how their teams play and may actually be in spite of how their teams play. Mad that.
I don't think Gana and McNeil are comparable

F140E051-5D7A-477A-965C-8114181A4A4A.jpeg

You are a bit weird, we sign older players and you say "buy younger player", we get linked with a 21 year old and you are against his signing, yet would take Flopman and Vlasic back tomorrow despite being complete garbo.
I'd just prefer the club not be Burnley. But if we are going to be Burnley I'd then prefer them to not spend 25m on players who are literally from Burnley to do the exact things they are doing at Burnley.

As I said somewhere today it looks like we're just going all in on smashing balls at DCL's head but that for me doesn't mean you have to literally go out and buy all the highest volume crosses you can find. Some amount of ability to do other things wouldn't be out of order.

Tbh I'd like McNeil a lot more if we had a manager who would look to develop him beyond what he currently is. I just think Rafael will put him on the left and have him cross a lot. That McNeil is worth 10m.

I seriously don’t know why the club are bothering.

There isn’t a player out there everybody would be happy with. Always some bell moaning they know better about who we should sign, or they aren’t “good enough for Everton” despite taking into account we are currently no more than a mid table premier league team.

I know this is a forum and we are here to post about Everton, but it really doesn’t seem like there is a player on the planet who somebody wouldn’t find fault with.

Amazed at how many Dumfries experts we have on here in the back of a few games from the euros.

There isn’t a player out there everybody would be happy with. Always some bell moaning they know better about who we should sign, or they aren’t “good enough for Everton” despite taking into account we are currently no more than a mid table premier league team.

I know this is a forum and we are here to post about Everton, but it really doesn’t seem like there is a player on the planet who somebody wouldn’t find fault with.

Amazed at how many Dumfries experts we have on here in the back of a few games from the euros.
This is personally my gripe tbh mate. We are signing players who are no more than bonafide mid-table players at best.

I’d like to see us go after players with a bit more upside.

I’m not moaning about these signings, because you’re right, it’s where we’re currently at, but I’m not gonna pretend I’m happy about them either.

This is personally my gripe tbh mate. We are signing players who are no more than bonafide mid-table players at best.

I’d like to see us go after players with a bit more upside.

I’m not moaning about these signings, because you’re right, it’s where we’re currently at, but I’m not gonna pretend I’m happy about them either.
We did that last year when we signed Allan and Rodriguez.
However, our best signing was a player from the championship who got relegated the season before.
You see my point?

I reckon if we went out there and bought a Leon Bailey or a Ridle Baku most would be happy

But we won't because it would be too much like hard work to pursue and sign them

Better to just go for the easy option, check for the 'Has Premier League experience' tick and plough on

This is too close to home. The aftermath of a few uni nights/mornings out didn't look much better than this.

If we sign Townsend and Gray and get rid of Bernard and Iwobi then that will be very good business. Uninspiring, but good business. I don't actually mind Townsend, but admit I've seen barely anything of Gray. He is one of those players who may have a point to prove.

Dwight McNeil on the other hand is highly rated. I'd be pleased with him.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.