New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In some ways that Ancelotti appointment was the worst thing that could have happened with regard to peoples expectation levels.

Over the last 7 seasons we have achieved an average league position of slightly better than 10th - over SEVEN years. The way so many of us turn our nose up at names because they see them as beneath us is mental. Ok, we've got resources and a rich history etc and you'd probably label us a "sleeping giant" in many ways, but the last time we hired a manager who you'd say could be deemed a complete success he came from Championship side Preston. Before that, Joe Royle came from Oldham. Howard Kendall came from Blackburn. The right man for the job doesn't need to have won titles etc, in fact you could argue that a manager used to challenging for titles etc isn't what we need at the minute as we are so far away from that.

Potter would be the new Mike Walker.
Poor shout that, mate. I think Walker got a freak season out of some bang average players.

Potter had bang average players playing well but not actually getting the results they deserved, even, let alone the luck Norwich had.

With some of the flops on our books, we could do a lot worse than a good coach who may be able to get something resembling a tune out of them.

Dyche is twice the manager Potter will ever be. put the likes of White, Dunk, Bissouma, Alzate & Trossard in Burnleys team and Dyche would have them a regular top half outfit imo.
Mate. No.

Dyche is another Howe IMO. They each found the club they clicked at, and punched above their weight for years. They’d each flounder anywhere else (and Howe did, at Burnley funnily enough).

Howe’s luck finally ran out and it looks like Dyche’s is starting to go that way, and all. Massive swerve.

This talk of Nuno going to Palace reminds me of our 1st Portugese Nuno , our intrepid RB Valente , and my 2nd favourite Latin phrase Volenti non fit injuria ( which as the intelligentsia on here will know translates as consenting to take a risk ) which I turn can constitute a defence in civil law.
I was always hoping that a educated sports journalist would come up with the headline " Valente not fit injured " but alas no.

Is this what you want DAMMIT?
1623165425989.png

Update us please mate, will we be the next Barca
Soz mate, I started watching an interview with him where he gets his players to take part in Dancing classes and doing Ad lib acting.

All the time I was watching it I just expected him to shout out "BUT DEL".

I gave up, and still have no better knowledge if we would be good or not under him.

Inappropriate Language
Burnley were one of the worst hit teams for injuries last season in fairness and Brighton spend much more dough.

Dyche has a top 7 finish & 2x top half finishes above Everton in the last 5 seasons on a shoestring budget managing a bunch of bums.

The Ginger One would come here and make us a solid outfit that you can have pride watching again. None of this tippy tappy nonsense.

Fck just being solid. An upmarket version of burnley. Great.
Potter is a far more astute thinker of the game with his approach to coaching. Id rather take the risk of someone who wants to play rather than another steady eddie.

Status
Not open for further replies.