New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's the thing, he might well prove he can step up and step right on past us. It's the same thing we've got to be willing to take risks with when signing players. You wait until they're proven and they aren't coming here.

The numbers are stunning for Brighton except in one area: finishing. And to me that is a. the area the manager has least control over and b. an area where we have a huuuuge edge on Brighton.

For me Potter, the Sporting Lisbon guy whose name escapes me or Gallardo are the ones that are the right combo of risk/reward.

Edit: @Daveysgingerlovechild
As a young coach, Potter studied the training methods of Roberto Martínez at Swansea and became inspired by his possession-based approach, along with the "holistic" training principles he observed during his travels to Spain.

LOL

I agree, he'd be seen as underwhelming. If it were to come to pass, a lot would depend on how he talked and sold himself in the first few weeks. I knew little about Moyes when he came in, but his first press conference when the made the peoples club comments, it was transformative. I could see Potter in the same light.
He's clearly a very good coach. My worry is that he wouldn't be able to manage the big egos in the squad (but who can, tbf?!) and I'm not sure how he would be viewed by any prospective signings.

Well that's the thing, he might well prove he can step up and step right on past us. It's the same thing we've got to be willing to take risks with when signing players. You wait until they're proven and they aren't coming here.

The numbers are stunning for Brighton except in one area: finishing. And to me that is a. the area the manager has least control over and b. an area where we have a huuuuge edge on Brighton.

For me Potter, the Sporting Lisbon guy whose name escapes me or Gallardo are the ones that are the right combo of risk/reward.

Ohhhhh, you're a Potter man.

Ifs and buts .. If Martinez's teams could defend he would have got more time at the club. I am not even talking about vast experience but something of a record, Poch had over achieved before he got Spurs, so had Rogers at a few clubs... Brighton are about where you would expect and yes style is to be considered and admired but results matter too....

He's clearly a very good coach. My worry is that he wouldn't be able to manage the big egos in the squad (but who can, tbf?!) and I'm not sure how he would be viewed by any prospective signings.
I don't think anyone we will get will have any major draw with players. Ancelotti was a special case in that regard.

We will have to use the old fashioned way of chucking money at them, which is fine if it's the right player.

As a young coach, Potter studied the training methods of Roberto Martínez at Swansea and became inspired by his possession-based approach, along with the "holistic" training principles he observed during his travels to Spain.

LOL
I read the article that Wikipedia is claiming to get that from and I'll be honest unless the translation is funny it does not say that about the Martinez stuff.

Ifs and buts .. If Martinez teams could defend he would have got more time at the club. I am not even talking about vast experience but something of a record, Poch had over achieved before he got Spurs, so had Rogers at a few clubs... Brighton are about where you would expect and yes style is to be considered but results matter too....
I expect Brighton to finish top half next season if Potter stays.

Status
Not open for further replies.