New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point although Carlo wasn't our fault but yes the deeper issue is the way the club is run. Watching that video shows you the obsession with big name managers rather than a coach who will fit us. For me Potter's teams play some nice football but he hasn't achieved enough for me. I think we need a manager who will play high octane, pressing football whoever that is....Someone who can get results and build and develop us our Poch, /Rogers.. Potter may be a good manager I just don't see enough evidence that he wouldn't be a Silva yet.
Potter's teams certainly don't play passively if that is what you're looking to avoid.

There is plenty of evidence that he isn't Marco Silva.

Has he only had one job then?

I find it utterly bizarre that people (not just you) can't get their head around the fact that different jobs in football have different levels of success. Every manager has got to start somewhere and usually make their way upwards.

He wouldn't be my first choice but I am not going to dismiss what he has done in his career so far either.
He won in the meat grinder of Sweden? Finished 10th in the Championship with 65 points the season after Swansea were in the Premier League?

Baffling.

Potter's teams certainly don't play passively if that is what you're looking to avoid.

There is plenty of evidence that he isn't Marco Silva.
I wasn't comparing styles but his lack of experience... Anyway I have no idea I just think there are better candidates right now he may one day prove he can make the step up...

I wasn't comparing styles but his lack of experience... Anyway I have no idea I just think there are better candidates right now he may one day prove he can make the step up...
Well that's the thing, he might well prove he can step up and step right on past us. It's the same thing we've got to be willing to take risks with when signing players. You wait until they're proven and they aren't coming here.

The numbers are stunning for Brighton except in one area: finishing. And to me that is a. the area the manager has least control over and b. an area where we have a huuuuge edge on Brighton.

For me Potter, the Sporting Lisbon guy whose name escapes me or Gallardo are the ones that are the right combo of risk/reward.

Edit: @Daveysgingerlovechild

Posting this, for what its worth. Tifo Football uploaded this to supplement that article The Atheltic published last year about the events that occurred around Ancelotti's appointment. Some interesting stuff here and some of it could still even come to pass given recent events..

Ancelotti really did play Moshiri like a fiddle didnt he?

Well that's the thing, he might well prove he can step up and step right on past us. It's the same thing we've got to be willing to take risks with when signing players. You wait until they're proven and they aren't coming here.

The numbers are stunning for Brighton except in one area: finishing. And to me that is a. the area the manager has least control over and b. an area where we have a huuuuge edge on Brighton.

For me Potter, the Sporting Lisbon guy whose name escapes me or Gallardo are the ones that are the right combo of risk/reward.

Edit: @Daveysgingerlovechild

Ruben Amorim.

Gallardo is the one that intrigues me the most even if he is not necessarily the smart pick.

We need the next manager to be a long term appointment ( 4-5 years ) ...so that rules out any big names who would also jump ship at the first "bigger" job. Need to go younger / lesser known coach and have the DoF work in concert with the manager re: playing style / recruitment etc. Basically ...we need to do what should have been done when Moshiri first came in and before we spunked a whole lot of cash. Club needs stability and a focussed direction..... get this appointment wrong ? ( Which Moyes / Wolves mgr appear to be IMO ....) We'll be in massive trouble and in danger of falling off the football map altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.