New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People advocating for Potter or Nuno, why not Dean Smith?

He's completely turned Villa around, they play a high press, lots of exciting attacking football but quite solid at the back.
Really not sure how tactically adept he actually is, swear they look like crap half the time

How is he not one? He has done a cracking job during his career so far. He is young, he doesn't have the time put in that other managers can point too.

He has loads of potential. Whether he is the right man is debatable but I find it weird how easily people just ignore a job well done.
I find it bizarre you consider keeping Brighton basically at the same level they were at a job well done.

People advocating for Potter or Nuno, why not Dean Smith?

He's completely turned Villa around, they play a high press, lots of exciting attacking football but quite solid at the back.
I'd imagine Villa see themselves on a par with us and with the same level of potential. Even if we were interested in Smith, they wouldn't exactly warm to the idea. Like Soton with Koeman.

Brighton might grumble, but I don't think they'd offer much resistance really if we came calling. They took Potter off Swansea themselves.

Every club has a place in the food chain as this week has shown.

I find it bizarre you consider keeping Brighton basically at the same level they were at a job well done.

Has he only had one job then?

I find it utterly bizarre that people (not just you) can't get their head around the fact that different jobs in football have different levels of success. Every manager has got to start somewhere and usually make their way upwards.

He wouldn't be my first choice but I am not going to dismiss what he has done in his career so far either.

Valid reason.

Big Villa fan isn't he?

Are Barkley was a true blue, didn't stop him dicking the club around.

Really not sure how tactically adept he actually is, swear they look like crap half the time

Still won more games than Brighton or Wolves this season and absolutely destroyed Liverpool who had a full strength side baring the GK.

Dean Smith is nothing modern or exciting, just a british manager punching above his weight who's been amazingly backed by his 2 billionaire owners.

So he's been backed by his club and bought wisely in players like Douglas Luis, Traore and Watkins? Seems like good recruitment and management rather than punching above his weight. Similar to Moyes maybe?

I'd imagine Villa see themselves on a par with us and with the same level of potential. Even if we were interested in Smith, they wouldn't exactly warm to the idea. Like Soton with Koeman.

Brighton might grumble, but I don't think they'd offer much resistance really if we came calling. They took Potter off Swansea themselves.

Every club has a place in the food chain as this week has shown.

Nothing they could do though. As you say we've seen that this week. If we match the buy out of his contract and Brands put forward the players / money available I'm sure he'd jump at the chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.