New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing is though I am Canadian I'm a little surprised how unpopular hiring a English Manager is to the majority of you locals. I realize the options aren't super popular but it seems that buying young English players ala Godfrey/ DCL vs older non sellable signings is the blueprint. So wouldn't a English manager be wise?

Is there no English manager that fans think could do the job?
The last time an English manager won anything was.......... can’t remember

Ideally Conte takes over but I don’t see that happening as he is heavily linked with Spurs. Next on my list would be Poch.

After that I’m at a point of just being tired of the constant Merry go round of managers and I think I’d be content with Moyes coming back. If for nothing else just some consistency at the club again & hopefully he could push on with some cash.

most of the names on the lists going around terrify me tbh.

I brought him up yesterday and was shot down because, apparently, Bayern players hated him? I dunno, I don't see how that should be a disqualifier.
He came over for a game before we got Carlo don’t think he was interviewed

The more I sit with it, the more and more I fear a division or Moshiri's envolvmenet being antithetical to the drection Brands would go. Questions on his abiility for good judgement too, but he is the DoF.

You hired Brands likely on the credblity of PSV's acedemy, development and sell on strategy. With that in mind the likes of Rangnick, Ten Hag, Farke, Terzić, Favre, even Potter seem the way Brands would want and fits the hypothetical strenghs he had.

I question Brands, but this team and Moshiri havent embraced anything he in theory was gong to offer. Nuno, Benitez, Moyes sure can muster some possible surprisng years, but this club needs an identity thats sustainable and one aligned with the newly extended DoF. Otherwse its pointless.

The list is :-

Frank Lampard
Steve Gerrard
Eddie Howe
Sean Dyche
Dean Smith
Scott Parker
Graham Potter
Steve Bruce
Wayne Rooney
Jonathon Woodgate
Joey Barton
Nigel Pearson
Lee Bowyer
Steve McClaren
Gareth Southgate
Sam Allardyce
Harry Redknapp

Amusing would be Neil Warnock or Ian Holloway

Have I missed any?
Long list.

Ideally Conte takes over but I don’t see that happening as he is heavily linked with Spurs. Next on my list would be Poch.

After that I’m at a point of just being tired of the constant Merry go round of managers and I think I’d be content with Moyes coming back. If for nothing else just some consistency at the club again & hopefully he could push on with some cash.

most of the names on the lists going around terrify me tbh.
We ain’t getting conte or Poch, it will likely be Nuno or Moyes.

Cos one match eliminates a decade of achievement.

A decade of achievement? Seriously? What did he achieve exactly that makes him a great manager?

Does he still ha e the record of be et having won away at one of the top six?

Remember the “knife to a gunfight comment” or “let’s just get out of here alive”

He bottled the only semi final he took us to

He flopped spectacularly at Manchester United

Where’s his achievement?

A decade of achievement? Seriously? What did he achieve exactly that makes him a great manager?

Does he still ha e the record of be et having won away at one of the top six?

Remember the “knife to a gunfight comment” or “let’s just get out of here alive”

He bottled the only semi final he took us to

He flopped spectacularly at Manchester United

Where’s his achievement?
His performance was good enough to win manager of the year three times!

Status
Not open for further replies.