2020/21 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancelotti is great..one of the greatest but the handling of this is all wrong I just can't get on board with it at all. (unless he's injured.)

I think it’s pretty obvious that he physically isn’t at the level yet. Honestly old mate looks like he’s stayed inside playing video games his whole life

Would of liked to seen him getting time on the pitch now, maybe Ancelotti is thinking more long term with him over the next few months when the games will come more quick and the league and FA cup games will be on, basically trying to preserve a squad over the season

I just don't get how Iwobi or even Tosun is getting ahead of him when they have shown absolutely nothing

I’m happy to back Carlo in to make the right call but if he’s not close to getting a look in by the end of next month a loan in the Championship until the end of the season could be beneficial.

Why didn’t we loan him out? Genuinely baffled.
I'm pretty sure that was the clubs plan, but Gordon wanted to stay and fight for his place.

If one of the most decorated managers decides after talking to the coaching team and half a seasons viewing, take your medicine and go out on loan. Learn your trade playing competitive football.

If he doesn't head out in Jan he'll have wasted an entire season. We're approaching the business end of the Carabao now, doubt he'll get a look in.

Would of liked to seen him getting time on the pitch now, maybe Ancelotti is thinking more long term with him over the next few months when the games will come more quick and the league and FA cup games will be on, basically trying to preserve a squad over the season

I just don't get how Iwobi or even Tosun is getting ahead of him when they have shown absolutely nothing
Because Gordon hasn't really shown anything either. Not to say I like the way we're handling him but that's the truth of it.

I feel pretty comfortable in saying Gordon won't be playing in the next couple weeks so the numbers for his first year since being promoted to the first team permanently in early December 2019 are 603 total minutes on the pitch with 469 of those being in the league and the rest the EFL Cup. That comes out to roughly 60 minutes of football per month. That's utterly shocking management.

Because Gordon hasn't really shown anything either. Not to say I like the way we're handling him but that's the truth of it.

I feel pretty comfortable in saying Gordon won't be playing in the next couple weeks so the numbers for his first year since being promoted to the first team permanently in early December 2019 are 603 total minutes on the pitch with 469 of those being in the league and the rest the EFL Cup. That comes out to roughly 60 minutes of football per month. That's utterly shocking management.
He showed more in a few cup games than Cenk or Gylf have this season. He was a perfect replacement for Richie yesterday, keep the pressure on rather than going for a slower alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.