2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a top manager if you feel your options aren’t up to snuff you find those answers wherever they may be. You don’t wave the white flag against the likes of Newcastle. It was a lazy unimaginative lineup and he knows it.

Carlo isn't the problem, the gutless players that still continue to damage the club are. We might have a large squad but there is zero quality in depth. Remove a couple of our important players and we are the Everton of the last few seasons again as can be seen in the last 2 matches.

The top priority has got to be to keep our quality players injury and red card free all season which is going to be a tough ask.

Carlo isn't the problem, the gutless players that still continue to damage the club are. We might have a large squad but there is zero quality in depth. Remove a couple of our important players and we are the Everton of the last few seasons again as can be seen in the last 2 matches.

The top priority has got to be to keep our quality players injury and red card free all season which is going to be a tough ask.

He is when he keeps selecting those players

Gordon being used as a stick to beat Ancelotti with is fantastic. Only time will tell but I don’t think he’s as good as we want him to be. People going on like he’s Rooney 2.0. Let’s not make the same mistake that we have made with Davies and Kenny.

Hes had 1 window, he's still having to work with the tripe left over from previous managers. Today we where without Digne, Coleman, Richarlison and James. How would klopp do without the equivalent in Robinson, taa, Mane and salah ? Carlos the least of our problems.
he's actually had two mate.

That was a real horror show. I know we're missing players and he's working with players he didn't buy, but genuinely I expect better performances from a manager with his record/experience.

Do we just accept that he can't improve any of the players he inherited (OK DCL has improved) but Siggurdsson, Gomes, Iwobi, Delph, Bernard? I see managers go into clubs and improve players all the time - Klopp, Rodgers, Mourinho, Bielsa, Hassenhuttl?

We don't have many leaders in that team but Siggurdsson as captain is a joke - Digne, DCL, Keane, Allan all better options.

Nothing against Godfrey, sure the lad will be good but another pacy winger/striker was the priority. Everyone could see that.

Not playing Gordon was nuts.

It all just feels a bit too reasonable, easy-going, low energy. We need intensity, volatility, cos we've tried the nicey nicey approach with this firm and it doesn't work.
Klopp, Bielsa, Hassenhutl, and Rodgers are the antithesis of CA. There are no players in Leeds who do not know how to play, what to do in different situations. They constantly train on it, and then even mediocre players become good. CA bases its game more on individual qualities, and is more dependent on individual players.

Gordon being used as a stick to beat Ancelotti with is fantastic. Only time will tell but I don’t think he’s as good as we want him to be. People going on like he’s Rooney 2.0. Let’s not make the same mistake that we have made with Davies and Kenny.
Nobody saying he's a world beater. We know what's coming with Delph, Gomes, Sigurdsson, Tosun, Bernard and Iwobi though don't we?

He doesnt have to be Messi, he just has to show more attacking intent, tempo and passion than a few other players - which he does. Can he be any worse than playing Gomes/Gylfi there - answer is no

Klopp, Bielsa, Hassenhutl, and Rodgers are the antithesis of CA. There are no players in Leeds who do not know how to play, what to do in different situations. They constantly train on it, and then even mediocre players become good. CA bases its game more on individual qualities, and is more dependent on individual players.
I prefer their styles of play much more than ours, I have to say.

I’ll be completely perplexed if Ancelotti doesn’t change that defence next week. How can you keep Mina in when we keep conceding so many goals?

Status
Not open for further replies.