2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was disappointing, very. You can't have a discussion about that though without regard to the players missing today and we are are at from a rebuild and developmental viewpoint.

That said, he is perfectly liable for criticism when it's warranted, be it tactics, selection, or whatever. No manager can be above that.

It's how limp and timid we are in games like this, where they seem afraid to go for a result. If there isn't much quality then I expect a bit more blood and guts. That isn't a criticism of Ancelotti either, it just seems that certain players just can't raise their level no matter who is watching from the sideline.

Get impression he was playing for a draw, with hope of maybe nicking one at a corner or free kick, he got it wrong today no doubt. Hate... To use them as an example. But No full backs, salah and mane they would feel it. Our squad is absolutely shocking though and the money spent on some of them makes me cringe.

Thats all well and good - but why not do what most teams do and go 352 or 451 and keep it tight?

That system was a load of crap today - just a bunch of slow midfielders and 2 fullbacks who barely got forward - AND WE STILL CONCEEDED 2!

The 3 key players alone out today have contributed to 7 assists and 4 goals this season thats a massive loss to any team.

That being said I thought he should have made his changes before the second half. Was painfully obvious the personnel in that system wasn’t gonna work after 30 minutes.

I love the man but if any of our previous managers put that lineup out we would crucify them.

5 central midfielders who played like well... 5 central midfielders. Wouldn't have blamed Dom if he drew a face on the ball and started talking to it, he was that stranded.

Not for me. None of the subs apart form Gordon were worth starting based on previous performances.

It had 0.0 on it. Heads went on the peno.

All it does was show the lack of depth

The 3 key players alone out today have contributed to 7 assists and 4 goals this season thats a massive loss to any team.

That being said I thought he should have made his changes before the second half. Was painfully obvious the personnel in that system wasn’t gonna work after 30 minutes.

They didn't pose any threat until the penalty. We started the 2nd half better.

Thats all well and good - but why not do what most teams do and go 352 or 451 and keep it tight?

That system was a load of crap today - just a bunch of slow midfielders and 2 fullbacks who barely got forward - AND WE STILL CONCEEDED 2!
We did. It has to be said though. The 2 goals were from a bit of a dubious penalty and a deflection. Not defending him at all today though , as he's got it completely wrong. Newcastle aren't very good.

Carlo is a good manager, everyone knows that. However nobody could get much out of the remnants that played today. We have so much dross it will take another 2 years to get rid of them all. Midtable should be fine this season.

We have some massive players out, but it's on the manager to ensure we're at the very least competitive. Gutting today.

Get impression he was playing for a draw, with hope of maybe nicking one at a corner or free kick, he got it wrong today no doubt. Hate... To use them as an example. But No full backs, salah and mane they would feel it. Our squad is absolutely shocking though and the money spent on some of them makes me cringe.

No excuse hes the man who buys the players .

If that was an experiment at a more 'defensive' set up then it failed miserably. We're gonna keep conceding 2 every game until the end of time at this rate..

Status
Not open for further replies.