2020/21 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Maine road Man I saw a random link of DCL to City a few weeks ago.

He just wouldn't fit Pep's style, would he?

Not in terms of him not being good enough, but I don't think a Pep system would play to his strengths.

Obviously a team can't have enough quality options but he's improved so much in a relatively short amount of time this year due to his focus being more on finishing rather than getting involved in the build-up. Would this be the same at City, with Pep loving the striker to be involved?

Genuine question!

@Maine road Man I saw a random link of DCL to City a few weeks ago.

He just wouldn't fit Pep's style, would he?

Not in terms of him not being good enough, but I don't think a Pep system would play to his strengths.

Obviously a team can't have enough quality options but he's improved so much in a relatively short amount of time this year due to his focus being more on finishing rather than getting involved in the build-up. Would this be the same at City, with Pep loving the striker to be involved?

Genuine question!

...notice Delap getting a bit of game time. He’s very young but looked fabulous at youth level, he’s a big lad though not sure how he might compare to DCL.

Think he's finally found how good his leap is and now he can use that as well, I don't think he ever thought about it under Silva or first season under Ancelotti it was mostly just let me get my head on it but the first goal against Brighton and the one against the RS he's coming like C.Ronaldo in the air now.

https://princerupertstower.com/2020...by-plotting-insane-36-million-transfer-swoop/

£36m link to Real Madrid. Admittedly not from a good source but £36m is just a joke. At least come up with a good number.
36m is a good price, I assume that's for a 1 game loan, right?
Funny how these reports have come hot off the heels of that other story about the board at Real being pissed off at James's form for us. I'm calling shenanigans personally.

Think he's finally found how good his leap is and now he can use that as well, I don't think he ever thought about it under Silva or first season under Ancelotti it was mostly just let me get my head on it but the first goal against Brighton and the one against the RS he's coming like C.Ronaldo in the air now.

Hmm, I think he always knew how good it was but - probably half tactical and half down to Dom - he was using it in other areas of the pitch. Chasing a long ball or out wide.

He's now staying in the central area of the pitch in the main, and we're all benefitting from it.

He's in such good form at the minute.

Linked with Real Madrid eh. It’s only a matter of time before he’s declared as too good for us. His life cycle of an Everton player will then be complete, much like on the image below.

28C5E729-E320-4855-9DF6-59A476C8A6BF.jpeg

Piss poor offer

And DCL would be stupid to go to Madrid. Benzema is Zidane's and Florentino's love child. He plays every game. EVERY game.

Next season they'll go for Mbappe as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.