2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex caught my eye a few times for Arsenal, but never understood that buy. He hasn’t convinced me as a blue yet. I think Gylfi and Bernard offer higher ceilings with possession and creativity, but I trust what Carlo sees in games and training. I think Alex offers more defense and physicality while still being an asset on offense. This season, he is putting in effort and seems to be positioning well which helped him manage some goals and assists.

He was running hard today, but he (like Gomes) seems to lumber, not a fluid runner, and lacks top sprint pace like others.

Everyones sees the game and players differently of course but i really dont see what your saying about Iwobi, especially when playing premier league opposition. Tbe only time iv seen him have half decent games has been in the Carabao against League one opposition, that in itself tells me everything i need to know about Iwobi. Would love to be proved wrong but i think he'll be sold in the next 2 windows
He was crucial in the two goals that won us the game against Brighton quite literally two weeks ago. I mean again, are we blind here? Or is this selective?

The undertones are not there at all. Any opinion on here about any of our players is based on the writers judgement of the player as a footballer and nothing else. The only unsavoury aspects to this conversation are your comments,or at least the implication behind them.
This is unfortunately not the reality of the world we live in.

The undertones are there. You can decide they are wrong or don't exist or whatever makes you and everyone else feel good.

And he's been crap at times. But never lazy and never not trying. The funny part of course this season and today he's been average at worst.
Give your head a wobble lad, just because people have a different opinion to you on Iwobi or any player for that matter does not make them racist.

Give your head a wobble lad, just because people have a different opinion to you on Iwobi or any player for that matter does not make them racist.
Alternatively calling black people lazy is a racial stereotype and it happens on this forum in questionable circumstances, imo. I've said my piece though, so I'm all finished with this.

Alternatively calling black people lazy is a racial stereotype and it happens on this forum in questionable circumstances, imo. I've said my piece though, so I'm all finished with this.

That would make sense if you didn't say this:

I mean I've been around the forum awhile and the players most often called lazy are Lukaku, Kean, Iwobi and Schneiderlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.