Proposed changes to the Premier league

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right. Literally every post was in line with my views and like I say, Everton fans are always top class.

Just had to vent when i read that!

apologies
Don't worry about the odd stupid post. I do wonder though if the poster you got angry with would support me having 5 votes in the General Election to his one if I earned 5 times as much. If not earnings based maybe it should be driven by age. Older people get more votes because they are more established.

It's the throwing spurs in there that has made more irate about this.

Nothing club really in terms of what they've done in the league. Reckon they're massive all of a sudden because they finished 3rd and 4th a few times and rolled over for the RS in a final.

If they weren’t a London club they wouldn’t be in the so called ‘big 6’. How can a team who haven’t won the league since the early 60’s be classed as a top club. All that’s wrong with football.

• Everton, Southampton and West Ham would be granted special status in the plans, along with the so-called 'big six'.

That's nice of them.

Cheeky sods.

As I said in world football;

The rest of the league should produce their own proposed changes - all clubs have the same salary, and transfer cap with a player draft system. :dodgy:

Make the league actually competitive again.

This is what should happen and more money for the lower league.

Give me one reason why Moshiri would think that the other 6 clubs deciding if Uzi could join the club is a good idea?

FFP stops that anyway atleast until we are successful enough to bring in big legit sponserships from outside of USM.

However if it helps them have a say in rich owners taking over other clubs like Wolves/Newcastle/Leeds etc and keeping us up there whilst also potentially giving Everton a larger share of the TV money pie I wouldn't rule out our owners being for it long term if they feel confident that Carlo will have us in a top 7 going forward.

Doubt it will happen anyway thankfully but owners see things differently to us fans.

I’ve read through the posts in the thread and we (Villa) are as outraged as you are. I wasn’t sure what the reaction would be as you were grouped into the the “special status” lot but it’s good that you are overwhelmingly seeing through it. I suspect we would’ve had a small minority who would’ve thought f*** the other clubs.

I think a review of the game is fair, but not a callous power play at a desperate time for decades worth of protectionism for the initiators. It’s a wolf in sheep’s clothing and seeing Lower league chairman having wet dreams about a final salary pension worth millions isn’t giving me faith in the lower league clubs knowing how badly so many of them are run. I’m all for supporting Lower league clubs right now as it stands, but an ongoing incentive for something most of these clubs have never contributed to and to me, with the amount of money coming their way, will result in reckless dream chasing is non-sensical. Not to mention it’s from our share of the earnings as the top clubs reshape TV revenue or finish position bonuses to net their P&L to neutral!

Community shield scrapping? Couldn’t care less, I don’t get why they haven’t taken this to Asia already so they can play a competitive game in front of the fans they love already.

League cup? Don’t agree with scrapping it, if those playing in europe want to not enter that’s fine with me. More trips to Wembo for the Villa’s Everton’s.

Delayed start for more Asia tours? Suits the top clubs but I wouldn’t begrudge them that. Halo effect on us is big in terms of interest, unfortunately.

The power in the hands of the few I don’t accept not should anyone accept it. The lack of media around it today suggests to me it has no legs to get 14 votes to get it through.

Reading a link about Peter Ridsdale at PNE from one forum, it’s clear to me the top 6 want the clubs below them to all be a similar size fish. The likes of PNE get a bit richer, it’s the non top 6 who are effectively paying to subsidise the EFL and the FA, because of the way they want to restructure TV and prize money. It’s quite telling why they’ve included Southampton and West Ham, and not Villa or Newcastle.

As for the longer term, I couldn’t care if the Big 6 [Poor language removed] off. I don’t actually think they want to completely, because that’s a massive risk but you could see the league being treated with the contempt the league cup gets if they get a European league on the side in the medium term.

The championship is the third most watched league in the world (or it was), an English top flight with Everton, Villa, Newcastle, Leeds, Wolves, Leicester Palace would be a half way house between the EPL and EFL as it is, and would allow the likes or Wednesday and Forest back into the top flight. Of course, it wouldn’t generate the revenue of the current set up, but we’d just have to get used to operating on a smaller budget where players earn £30k a week not £150k.

The top clubs will inevitably go at some point over the next few decades, if they want to do it now then I would say that’s for the better whilst the EPL is worth so much. Almost as in 1888, where McGregor took a chance and put formality behind clubs paying pros behind the backs of the authorities and have it structure, these guys are trying - albeit deceitfully and against the spirit - to take their business forward.

One final point, someone mentioned Sky in the previous page. From what I’ve read today, Sky are outraged because clubs want a licence to live stream to fans directly. I can imagine £10-15 a PPV for 500k or 1m United fans around the world is very lucrative. Sky must be shitting themselves with the beast they’ve helped create with this armchair, plastic culture of fan they’ve created.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.