Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 12 more league games and the quarter final between now and 1 Janaury. 13 league games if you include the match on 2 January, the day the window opens. Not sure where this 6 game thing has come from.
Because it's 6 games until December which someone mistakenly thought was beginning of the window.

Can't believe people are fuming at the window we've just had...... Unbelievable
People are not fuming. But people know what it takes to be ultimate winners and are simply hoping we're in line with future success. We've had a great window, yes. But that doesn't mean we can't do even better.

A number of papers using the same set of quotes stating “…it appears that a Serie A striker wanted a move to Goodison Park. Italian journalist Ciro Venerato reports that Napoli’s Arkadiusz Milik wanted to move to Everton, but the club were not keen on a player of his profile. The Italian club were said to be keen to shift him from their wage bill but were unable to find a buyer. Venerato told Radio Kiss Kiss, via Sport Witness I think he aspired to Everton, PSG or Atletico Madrid. Everton, however, wanted a counter attacker and not one with the characteristics of Milik. Ancelotti had communicated this to a member of the Polish entourage.” If true means we are still open to such a player and given the limited choices Sarr would fit that bill. Disclaimer – I am happy with our transfer business as is but if we can get him at the right price would be happy with that over any of the other possibilities.

Sarr would cost a fortune surely? Seeing as we wanted to only loan a centre back, I can't see how we now have the money available...

Is there any correlation between the people who thought DCL was a championship striker last season and those declaring the transfer window a failure because we didn't sign another striker?
There's no way you could possibly call this window a failure, but I do think we need another attacking player. It's not the end of the world if we don't get one, and we might even get away without it having any impact, but I think it's pretty clear that we're one player short up top. The start we've made has given us a great chance to have a big season, it would be a shame if we didn't capitalise on it because we lacked that depth.

Sarr would cost a fortune surely? Seeing as we wanted to only loan a centre back, I can't see how we now have the money available...
Did see something from The Esk, yes I know, saying we have only spent about 7 million in total. We will lose more in the next few days off the payroll and more next summer. We have an excellent first 11. I'd love us to move for Sarr. Might be £35 million who knows. But wouldn't be a lot in the grand scheme of things. Get it done Marcel.

There's no way you could possibly call this window a failure, but I do think we need another attacking player. It's not the end of the world if we don't get one, and we might even get away without it having any impact, but I think it's pretty clear that we're one player short up top. The start we've made has given us a great chance to have a big season, it would be a shame if we didn't capitalise on it because we lacked that depth.

Would like Sarr, but I think it's unlikely that our season will hinge on a back-up forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.