Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Zouma link is just lazy journalism. He isnt getting a look in at Chelsea and we were previous admirers. There wont be anything in it, he missed his chance to join us. Bet he regrets staying there, should have moved for regular football last summer.

I mean he’s started two of their 3 games and made 28 Prem appearances last season like.

The Zouma link is just lazy journalism. He isnt getting a look in at Chelsea and we were previous admirers. There wont be anything in it, he missed his chance to join us. Bet he regrets staying there, should have moved for regular football last summer.
Really depends what lampard does going forward, if silva is really a liability, then they'll keep tomori and zouma

Nor should we be.

Anyone is their wildest dreams think we might have a deal lined up for Tosun, hence the Milik links, to good to be true really isn’t it.

I think it would have to be Kean who goes. That being said, Tosun to Turkey could happen, albeit for probably only about 50-60k of his wages.

I'll throw another scenario out too though. Moshiri gets excited and aloing with Usmanov go a bit mental at the back end.

I'd also add, if we are in the top 3 or so come January, I think Moshiri backs is heavily for the latter half of the season.

Arkadiusz Milik has been involved in a huge transfer saga over the summer, with many twists and turns. First he was set to join Juventus, and then when they decided on other options, AS Roma became the main possibility for the Napoli striker.

His agent was spotted negotiating the deal and it was all thought to be agreed, before falling to pieces at the last minute. Given he’s now got less than a year left on his contract, the Naples club are keen to sell and avoid the chance of him leaving for free next summer.

A couple of days ago, we covered claims from Italy which stated Napoli had been in contact with the Toffees to see if they’re interested. Tuttosport now reports Everton are ‘convinced’ on the player, and prepared to pay the €25m the Serie A club are asking for.

That may be kicking the deal further along the road than it actually is. There’s a chance the Merseyside club could get him for cheaper, and they’d certainly try that first, and also worry about the level of wages Milik has been asking for.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-27-at-13.17.01-216x300.png
Tuttosport suggest that if Milik does arrive at Goodison

This looks to me like Napoli really pushing the deal.

I suspect the £22m is their asking price. If we were to get him, I'd imagine we would drive the price lower than that, and in the current climate that may be successful.

If you are forward planning, and pre-empting DCL/Richarlinson sale, getting Milik in a year early makes a lot of sense.

I think it would have to be Kean who goes. That being said, Tosun to Turkey could happen, albeit for probably only about 50-60k of his wages.

I'll throw another scenario out too though. Moshiri gets excited and aloing with Usmanov go a bit mental at the back end.

I'd also add, if we are in the top 3 or so come January, I think Moshiri backs is heavily for the latter half of the season.

I think selling Kean, isn’t a clever move mate, he has a high upside, low maintenance cost and for me every possibility to turn 20 odd million into 50-60 mill. Apart from that I think if we can’t develop players like Kean it’s a failure of our philosophy in developing young players. Just my opinion.

Yet I think it’s clear we need players out the door. That said I think we shifted 16 mill of the wage bill this summer, albeit via other new signings. We also could be banking on shifting other contracts next summer in advanced planning.

Ive been of the opinion we have 60 mill in a budget this window, depending on what you read we are about 50 odd into it. For me we are into player trading and loans.

Tosun, I think we would be happy to shift for his book price about 8 mill, depending what we have in the budget left, if we shifted him for Milik on favorable terms of instalments or a loan with an obligation it’s not impossible. That said I think it’s nebulous link as It’s not a line we need bolstering or need to prioritise, unless we are player trading.

If we are in a good spot in Jan, you could see Moshiri getting an itchy trigger finger, I don’t like the Jan market in all honesty, unless you have a bad injury.

We’re doing good in my opinion, I like a signing in all honesty, but I also can see the disruptive element of comings and goings. We seem to have a bit of an ember of a team spirit at the moment, the new signings have been the right amount of change, with the right attributes in the right areas in my opinion, I’d be careful not to add to much more, unless it’s to good to be true.

Niels, Jamo, Doucoure, Allan and Jarrod just before have been wonderful, wonderful signings, if I’m being honest that’s enough for me now, It’s a nice feeling of contentment heading into the last week of the window.

Last edited:

He'd started both of their league games and played in the EFL Cup match. He is getting a look-in. For some reason he was just rotated out against WBA.

I think selling Kean, isn’t a clever move mate, he has a high upside, low maintenance cost and for me every possibility to turn 20 odd million into 50-60 mill. Apart from that I think if we can’t develop players like Kean it’s a failure of our philosophy in developing young players. Just my opinion.

Yet I think it’s clear we need players out the door. That said I think we shifted 16 mill of the wage bill this summer, albeit via other new signings. We also could be banking on shifting other contracts next summer in advanced planning.

Ive been of the opinion we have 60 mill in a budget this window, depending on what you read we are about 50 odd into it. For me we are into player trading and loans.

Tosun, I think we would be happy to shift for his book price about 8 mill, depending what we have in the budget left, if we shifted him for Milik on favorable terms of instalments or a loan with an obligation it’s not impossible. That said I think it’s nebulous link as It’s not a line we need bolstering or need to prioritise, unless we are player trading.

If we are in a good spot in Jan, you could see Moshiri getting an itchy trigger finger, I don’t like the Jan market in all honesty, unless you have a bad injury.

We’re doing good in my opinion, I like a signing in all honesty, but I also can see the disruptive element of comings and goings. We seem to have a bit of an ember of a team spirit at the moment, the new signings have been the right amount of change, with the right attributes in the right areas in my opinion, I’d be careful not to add to much more, unless it’s to good to be true.

Niels, Jamo, Doucoure, Allan and Jarrod just before have been wonderful, wonderful signings, if I’m being honest that’s enough for me now, It’s a nice feeling of contentment heading into the last week of the window.

A lot of good insight in that post.

I've written about Kean a bit before, so I'll try to avoid repeating too much. I sense you've got a lot of things happening on the deal. An agent who wants to move him on, a player who's quite open to it but Everton are quite keen to keep, with buying sides not massively keen to spend.

Loans don't make a lot of sense when clearly we want some cash coming in. However we do need to cut suad numbers and I wonder at some point if some sacrafices have to be made- he is one that is marketable on loan. I also think, if it's a good loan to Italy, and he scores a few goals- gets to the Euro's etc his value will likely increase far more if he has another disappointing season here. There's a lot of conjecture there, and he may well do well this season. I hope we keep him. I like him. But I suppose I'm just not as attached to players as I was. I trust the DOF and the manager with what they are doing more than single players.

As for January, it's not easy is it? However there can be some value in terms of loan players or people wanting to play in the Euro's etc. You can also lean on teams who are struggling financially, of which there will be plenty. You can sort of see that happening now. The premium players are gone and there's very little market for the "dregs".

Your final point is a good one. We look to bebuilding-strangely- quite a good team spirit and a squad that at present seems to blend together quite nicely. The Milik signing makes it difficult, he would want to play. It's not always straightforward. We have reduced what we have done in the window, and for the most part it has worked nicely. If we didn't sign anyone else, I'd still be very happy with the business. Winning transfer windows, and havign a settled squad are different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.