Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh but what if United would rather just sell him somewhere else and get a fee.
Somebody else needs to want to buy him. There doesn't appear to be much money about outside the Premier. Personally I don't see there being any takers. There may be competition for loans from other clubs but then it's down to negotiations with the player on who he wants to go to, assuming clubs are covering full wages.

That's why a lot of these deals won't be done until near deadline day.

Shouldnt be costing that much as he's in the last year of his deal and is on high wages. Not many clubs will be able to afford his wages, let alone a fee too. Should wait until last minute for this one.

Is Danjel Subasic finished or something?

Free agent, World cup finalist, 300 odd games for Monaco and retired from International football.

Still could do a job at 35 for a couple of years unless I am missing something?
You will get told ,"hes crap" and that will be that but yeh I agree could be good for 1 or 2 years while we move on pickers

Something something about Milik from Di Marzio but the translation is pretty bad, Possible loan towards the end of the window shutting, Something about Napoli offering him a new deal and loan him out.
God knows.

I think that earlier in this thread that somebody had posted that Carlo had said no to this. God knows ?

Same people against replacing Pickford with Romero said they’d wanna replace Coleman with Arias. Just because he’s old doesn’t make much difference. He still easily has 4 years at a consistent level and in that time he should be replaced himself by a new younger player. We’ve tried buying a young keeper with potential in Pickford and it hasn’t really worked out. Best to steady the ship now with an experienced head like Romero for a season or 2 and find a replacement for him down the line.

Well that's a very aggressive way of phasing it fella. The relevance of the release clause is that, if it is set that high, they obviously regard him as a major asset. Therefore, even if they are in financial trouble and they want to sell him and sell relatively cheaply, he will probably still cost a fair wedge. Given the fact that I doubt we have huge amounts to spend and ideally need to strengthen elsewhere too, even if we offload some of the dross, I would be surprised to see us spending over £30 million on a CB - which is the lowest I think we might be able to get him for.

Youve read way too much into me asking why a release clause is relevant.

In spain for example they have to put a clause into every contract so the only low ones are those where the market has inflated enormously and a contract extension and increased clause hasnt been signed.

We could give an extension to a player and stick a £1bil clause in. Means nothing...club still has control of the fee they sell at, as usual.

The poster said Benfica needed to sell so the price wouldnt be too high. Hes a top player but a tank, not the quick defender needed.

I have identified 10 first team players who should be deemed surplus to requirements and that we should look to bring in a goalkeeper, centre back and right back before the window closes which should give us a really nice squad of around 25 players

the problem will be shifting those 10 players though.

lossl - preferably sold
Kenny - preferably sold
Delph - preferably sold
Banningme - preferably sold
Davies - preferably loaned
Besic - preferably sold
Walcott - preferably sold
Tosun- preferably sold
Sandro - rumour that we are cutting his contract anyway
Bolasie - preferably sold

I think Carlo will want iwobi and sigurdsson in the squad as they can play several positions and have experience and can be used in a rotational system quite easily. I think he will want to keep kean as back up for Calvert Lewin rather than loan him out. I think he will want to develop Gordon and Branthwaite rather than loan them out. I personally think he should loan Davies out because we are overloaded in central midfield and I think he could do with some experience on loan elsewhere but Carlo may see him as a useful first team player to be used occasionally in case there are any injuries. Ideally we would bring in a goalkeeper that could challenge Pickford for the number 1 jersey like romero and loan a centre back and or right back. Coleman should be our back up we need a proper right back and if 2 of our centre halves are injured at the same time we are screwed for cover. Tomori is not an option anymore so we need to look for alternatives.

Last edited:
I have identified 10 first team players who should be deemed surplus to requirements and that we should look to bring in a goalkeeper, centre back and right back before the window closes which should give us a really nice squad of around 25 players

the problem will be shifting those 10 players though.

lossl - preferably sold
Kenny - preferably sold
Delph - preferably sold
Banningme - preferably sold
Davies - preferably loaned
Besic - preferably sold
Walcott - preferably sold
Tosun- preferably sold
Sandro - rumour that we are cutting his contract anyway
Bolasie - preferably sold

I think Carlo will want iwobi and sigurdsson in the squad as they can play several positions and have experience and can be used in a rotational system quite easily. I think he will want to keep kean as back up for Calvert Lewin rather than loan him out. I think he will want to develop Gordon and Branthwaite rather than loan them out. I personally think he should loan Davies out because we are overloaded in central midfield and I think he could do with some experience on loan elsewhere but Carlo may see him as a useful first team player to be used occasionally in case there are any injuries. Ideally we would bring in a goalkeeper that could challenge Pickford for the number 1 jersey like romero and loan a centre back and or right back. Coleman should be our back up we need a proper right back and if 2 of our centre halves are injured at the same time we are screwed for cover. Tomori is not an option anymore so we need to look for alternatives.

So what your saying is Coleman, who has been the best right back at the club since the premier league started, fought his way back from the most horrendous injury and got himself back to a performance level IMO one of the best defenders in the league this season, is not a a proper right back?

just wow

Same people against replacing Pickford with Romero said they’d wanna replace Coleman with Arias. Just because he’s old doesn’t make much difference. He still easily has 4 years at a consistent level and in that time he should be replaced himself by a new younger player. We’ve tried buying a young keeper with potential in Pickford and it hasn’t really worked out. Best to steady the ship now with an experienced head like Romero for a season or 2 and find a replacement for him down the line.
I think as much as I'd like a new right back the difference between Coleman and Pickford is that at least Coleman does the basics, Pickford can't even do that at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.