Transfer Rumour Fikayo Tomori

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too small anyway, he's 6ft apparently but so's Lampard, looks about 5'10 here by comparison.

1600685393367.png

Chelsea's defence was not much better than their keeper yesterday. If anything we may find ourselves in competition with chelsea for whatever CB's are available over the remaining window.

I'd have liked the lad in, but it looks like it very obviously isn't happening, or at the very least Lampard is playing some weird brinksmanship game that I'd like to hope Marcel/Carlo CBA with.

Awaiting a loan signing on TDD - Either some unheard of, Nkounkou-esque dynamo or a panic-ridden turd of a move like Rojo or Stones. Either way the forum will be a fun place to be.

There is a shortage of class centre half’s around, especially left footed ones. It’s difficult to get a top centre half in their late teens or early 20s as it’s one position you need experience to learn your craft. It’s all about decision making. Therefore we either take a chance on a relatively unproven centre half on loan and tolerate the mistakes he’ll undoubtedly make or buy a more experienced central defender that’s not quite top tier as the likes of them that are rated 40m+. Even the RS played a midfielder there today, there’s such a shortage of decent ones available. It’s why I think Ancelloti will get someone from Italy, a player and league he knows well and someone he can rely on.

Romagnoli would be the one who brings experience at the top level + left sided + a leader.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lampard has looked at our early season form and thought ' yeah i don't really want to make them better'. I'm not suggesting we'll be challenging Chelsea but they equally don't want another team in the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.