Match Thread Everton v West Bromwich Albion - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
In previous seasons West Brom would have come and put 11 men behind the ball, we'd struggle to break them down and they may well have nicked all 3 points.

I don't see that happening here. Richarlison and James will be too much for them. 2-0 to us.

Really excited for this one. Something about those 6:30 am games here in the states. Like someone said above, this game will judge how far we’ve come after being a good Spurs team away.

Not looking to be negative, but these will be a completely different proposition to Spurs.

They're crap, obviously, but so were Villa last season and they ended up beating us routinely after we'd made an ok start. We mightn't have the same spaces going forward like we had against Spurs and will have to break them down in a different way.

To put it mildly, stranger things have happened than a spawny 0-1 away win here after a week of the media giving us loads of credit and talking us up for the top 6, so I hope we're not complacent about it and show WBA no mercy from the first whistle.
Confidence and positivity usually come before a fall for us don't they. I fully expect WBA to win this.

In Allan and Doucoure, we have a couple of players who will make damn sure that the attitude is spot on, and in James, someone who can unlock packed defences. No more of the "Everton that" stuff. We should treat them with respect but should also be looking to put at least a couple past them.

We keep the pedal to the metal and come out with a clear 3-0 win for the Blues.

We've got a combination of flair, pace and strength in the team now - this isn't the "old" Everton of the last few seasons.

Can see this being a tough hard-fought win for us, to be honest. We can't afford to be complacent (like during our shock defeat against Salford in midweek) and need to approach this game pretty much the way we did against Tottenham. COYB!

EFC.png
2 (James, Dominic Calvert-Lewin)

WBA.png

I actually want them to put 11 men behind the ball as I want to see if we now have to players to unlock teams like that. I reckon given the whole pitch to prowl around, James will find enough peachy passes to get one of our lads a goal :)

I think we’d win this most seasons, I want to see us be a bit more clinical in front of goal. A good win would keep the confidence going. I think a lot could depend on Wednesday though.

Not looking to be negative, but these will be a completely different proposition to Spurs.

They're crap, obviously, but so were Villa last season and they ended up beating us routinely after we'd made an ok start. We mightn't have the same spaces going forward like we had against Spurs and will have to break them down in a different way.

To put it mildly, stranger things have happened than a spawny 0-1 away win here after a week of the media giving us loads of credit and talking us up for the top 6, so I hope we're not complacent about it and show WBA no mercy from the first whistle.

The positive for me is that if they do sit deep, the likes of Allan and Doucoure will be able to press them so high up the pitch, they'll be prone to turning the ball back over to us. It's the type of game where Rodriguez can unlock a defence with a pass/through ball or if they sit back he csn have a few pots at goal.

The midfield we have now changes a lot of ways we can approach each game

Status
Not open for further replies.