2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
"There is no point having a £14m p/a manager for a club that isn’t going to spend money in the transfer market."

Whilst I dont believe there's no money to spend, and to play Devil's advocate somewhat, surely that's exactly the point of appointing a £14m p.a. manager.

He is one of the best in the world and as such should be able to get the very best out of this squad. The improvement by spending 14m per year on a world class coach should be a better return on investment than spaffing loads more on transfer fees and wages, and this makes perfect sense considering the parlous state of the club finances.
We’ve just had Ancelotti since November and finished 12th. We aren’t competing for Europe if we haven’t got money. It’s as simple as that.

I don’t know wether the Echo does have reliable sources at the club but they really do like to water down anything positive surrounding us. It’s literally every time we are linked with a decent player they are out to pee on the flames Instantly like they get some satisfaction out of it. Yet they never report themselves on any players that we would potentially be in for. Always doom and gloom.
I suppose the club are not going to inform about players they are actively negotiating for as that would act against our interests.
Whereas if we are falsely linked to player they are keen to ensure they are distanced from unnecessary speculation and the perception we failed in a bid we did not ,in fact ,make.

We’ve just had Ancelotti since November and finished 12th. We aren’t competing for Europe if we haven’t got money. It’s as simple as that.

Maybe not this coming season either but an improvement this season to, say, 8th and the implementation of a definite style of football and that's something to build on to challenge for Europe the year after. Not everything has to happen immediately. The first steps are always the hardest and when the most patience needs to be shown. If Carlo is still here in the 4th year of his contract I can guarantee you that things will have improved massively and the club will definitely be going places.

We aren't competing for Europe next season. Certainly not the top 4. We need to catch up to Wolves, Arsenal and arguably Leicester before we even think of challenging Chelsea, Citeh. the RS and Man U.

Maybe not this coming season either but an improvement this season to, say, 8th and the implementation of a definite style of football and that's something to build on to challenge for Europe the year after. Not everything has to happen immediately. The first steps are always the hardest and when the most patience needs to be shown. If Carlo is still here in the 4th year of his contract I can guarantee you that things will have improved massively and the club will definitely be going places.
When Wolves are coming up from the Championship and cementing themselves in 7th place over two seasons, then no, I don’t think 8th is anything to strive for.

The club have looked upon 8th under Fat Sam and Silva as failure.

It’s very simple. Don’t back Ancelotti and the club will continue to decline.

We aren't competing for Europe next season. Certainly not the top 4. We need to catch up to Wolves, Arsenal and arguably Leicester before we even think of challenging Chelsea, Citeh. the RS and Man U.
Well you better tell that to Ancelotti because that’s what he’s saying we will be competing for.

Ancelotti is EXPECTING a squad to be assembled by the DoF to compete for European places.

Do you think he’s come here to sit around in mid table?

When Wolves are coming up from the Championship and cementing themselves in 7th place over two seasons, then no, I don’t think 8th is anything to strive for.

The club have looked upon 8th under Fat Sam and Silva as failure.

It’s very simple. Don’t back Ancelotti and the club will continue to decline.

I agree that aiming for 8th isn't very exciting. With regards to Wolves though, they came up with a very defined style of play and then bought quality (with the Mendes relationship meaning they got amazing value for money) to fit into that system, which propelled them up into European contention, exactly what I'm advocating we do. Unfortunately the turnover of managers over the past few years leaves us at the start of that process again.

Well you better tell that to Ancelotti because that’s what he’s saying we will be competing for.

Ancelotti is EXPECTING a squad to be assembled by the DoF to compete for European places.

Do you think he’s come here to sit around in mid table?

Just my opinion like. And you know what, having had a few minutes to consider it, I'll slightly backtrack, can we finish 7th? Yes, yes we can. On the other hand though, there's currently at least 8 teams with better squads than us.

I agree that aiming for 8th isn't very exciting. With regards to Wolves though, they came up with a very defined style of play and then bought quality (with the Mendes relationship meaning they got amazing value for money) to fit into that system, which propelled them up into European contention, exactly what I'm advocating we do. Unfortunately the turnover of managers over the past few years leaves us at the start of that process again.
You're spot on. Wolves, even in the championship, picked a good manager, created an identity and added quality to fit that identity,

We've had 2 DOFs, an Owner, a Chairman and 4 managers in the last few years, all of whom have their own idea as to what our identity is. It's no wonder we've ended up without one

The Echo are basically saying there is no money to spend. We’re going to waste an opportunity having Ancelotti in as manager.

There is no point having a £14m p/a manager for a club that isn’t going to spend money in the transfer market.

Without spending money we are not going to compete for European places and will once again find ourselves in the bottom half of the table.

We could’ve got ourselves a Sean Dyche to get the same sort of results for a lot less wage.

This is in no way having a go at Ancelotti. Hiring him now, knowing there is no money, just makes no sense.
How do we know there is no money to spend?
Ancelotti himself said that the team would be strengthened just last week?

Is the Echo so well informed?

Status
Not open for further replies.