2019/20 Jarrad Branthwaite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes doing really well but next season could be a bit of a dilemma.

He could well be good enough for a squad role as 4th choice Centre half. But a loan to the championship could be much more beneficial in the long term. Its a tricky one because he's doing well enough right now to deserve to be involved.
No loan. I want him in the squad. Loans can easily go badly and destroy confidence.
I would prefer him to learn off Cato than off a division one hoof merchant.

Is is true he's a Liverpool fan ? Not arsed in the slightest as it would make a nice change from watching boyhood Everton fans have successful careers at Liverpool.

Is is true he's a Liverpool fan ? Not arsed in the slightest as it would make a nice change from watching boyhood Everton fans have successful careers at Liverpool.

First I've heard of it. But we've got him young enough to change all that. I know loads of childhood reds who changed to blues, but the only people I know who went the other way have been former players (Fowler, McManaman, Owen, Gerrard, Carragher, TAA), that idiot off Red men TV, and my cousin, who lives in Stafford.

If you are going by the commentary earlier, i think they were talking about John Lundstram.

It's a sticky one for next season, Do you leave him on the bench with Holgate and the new CB pairing if we're still getting one, Do you send him out on loan despite him doing pretty comfortable in the past 3 matches?

Some big calls will need to be made.
I'd keep him around as backup / competition, especially now that back-threes are creeping into fashion again. Plus, he showed today against Billy Sharp that he doesn't need to spend a year in the Championship getting elbowed in the ribs by the likes of Billy Sharp. He looks plenty big and strong enough already.

Of course, it's extremely early days, but if he does actually turn out to be a prodigious talent, he'll push his way into this team sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.