Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to imagine he's just been sat at home with a pen and paper weighing up the pros and cons of each team that want him for the last 3 months.

Also people saying that they're not too bothered about him, I feel that we'd be able to play a bit more on the front foot, with a bit higher of a defensive line if we were to bring him in. Yes Keane is performing well but that is by virtue of playing a deep defensive line, the only way he ever looks comfortable. It makes us more solid at the back but it also asks more of our limited midfielders to progress the ball.

If we improve our midfield, meaning us having more of the ball and pushing further up the field then once again Keane will become a big liabilty as the higher he is up the pitch the more uncomfortable he becomes, and the more attackers will be able to expose him.

Lille getting their mates to bid on the sale like on eBay..
It’s Mina all over again. He’s not coming to us. He’s off to Utd or Lyon
Obviously the thought that Everton are no longer a big club, well a small club, isn’t just left to the British media, Europe think the same. Like we would never get Ancelotti. All over Britain and Italy especially said he wouidnt come.

So I will take what these french sites Say with a pinch of salt. He’d signed for Chelsea 6 weeks ago , 2 weeks ago it was Napoli. Now it’s another club.

I can’t see it being arsenal, they have about 7 CB’s have re-signed Luiz for a season and have the young player they bought from France last summer, coming over this summer.

I’m still hopeful

Because unsworth is only interested in his own CV. Hopefully brands and the new guy from derby will make the decisions about The youngsters From now on.

I see this a lot about Usworth, but I can't help feeling its a little harsh. I know people use the fact he has gone out to win titles as a stick to beat him with, but to me, that has been a way of instilling a winning mentality to the players as much as anything. He also, to my mind, tends to have the players develop tactically and defensively with an eye on working hard and working for the team first and foremost.

A lot of his players are adaptable and can or have played several positions, which can be a positive or a negative depending on how you see it. Moyes did this a lot with young players in the PŁ which I thought was a negative, as he often left young players to sink or swim at the top level, and often used those experiences as evidence they were not ready, despite being nowhere near their true positions. But in Unsworths case, at the level they are at, I don't see it as such a bad thing developmentally.

All of the players he brings through tend to have a level of respect and decency and seem unite as a team and play for the manager, often playing unfamiliar roles with professionalism, and he has had to deal with several upheavals of playing staff, given the nature of his post, as there is a large turnover of players on a yearly basis, and his better players either get promoted, sent on loan, sold or released, while he constantly fields players from younger age groups as well.

The occasions he has played the likes of Niasse or Charsley are often used as reasons for him being only out for himself, but I think it's a fine balance between doing what is right for the players individual development and the development of the group as a unit. It just always struck me as a little unfair is all.

It’s Mina all over again. He’s not coming to us. He’s off to Utd or Lyon
Obviously the thought that Everton are no longer a big club, well a small club, isn’t just left to the British media, Europe think the same. Like we would never get Ancelotti. All over Britain and Italy especially said he wouidnt come.

So I will take what these french sites Say with a pinch of salt. He’d signed for Chelsea 6 weeks ago , 2 weeks ago it was Napoli. Now it’s another club.

I can’t see it being arsenal, they have about 7 CB’s have re-signed Luiz for a season and have the young player they bought from France last summer, coming over this summer.

I’m still hopeful

Fully understand ypour feelings but have to say that we are still a big club. Look at the attendance gfigures for example. Give the club that few more years and the wonder stadium on the waterfron, bigger gate etc and the overall media feeling will change.

I see this a lot about Usworth, but I can't help feeling its a little harsh. I know people use the fact he has gone out to win titles as a stick to beat him with, but to me, that has been a way of instilling a winning mentality to the players as much as anything. He also, to my mind, tends to have the players develop tactically and defensively with an eye on working hard and working for the team first and foremost.

A lot of his players are adaptable and can or have played several positions, which can be a positive or a negative depending on how you see it. Moyes did this a lot with young players in the PŁ which I thought was a negative, as he often left young players to sink or swim at the top level, and often used those experiences as evidence they were not ready, despite being nowhere near their true positions. But in Unsworths case, at the level they are at, I don't see it as such a bad thing developmentally.

All of the players he brings through tend to have a level of respect and decency and seem unite as a team and play for the manager, often playing unfamiliar roles with professionalism, and he has had to deal with several upheavals of playing staff, given the nature of his post, as there is a large turnover of players on a yearly basis, and his better players either get promoted, sent on loan, sold or released, while he constantly fields players from younger age groups as well.

The occasions he has played the likes of Niasse or Charsley are often used as reasons for him being only out for himself, but I think it's a fine balance between doing what is right for the players individual development and the development of the group as a unit. It just always struck me as a little unfair is all.
It’s your opinion and that’s all good mate, but a disagree with a lot of it.

The turnover of players and players going out on loan, is the nature of the beast at under 23 football. Every club has to cope with that. And we under Unsworth were one of the worst for this. I don’t know the exact stats, but I wouid imagine we had one of the oldest starting 11’s on a regular basis.

You mention Moyes and that is his management style. Fight, scrap, defend for your lives. Long ball most of the time.

The 2nd time we won the title. Some of the performances were so boring. The cup final v Newcastle to win the double. It was kick and rush football. And when we scored we started to defend even deeper. And it wasn’t long before he was taking an attacker off for a defender. The last 20 Newcastle battered us.

But the main point for me was in the the season in between the 2 title wins. There was about 6 games to go, we couldn’t finish higher than say 5th probably drop to 8th at worst. And yet he was still playing 2 players who were leaving in Connor Grant and David Henen. Both about 22/23. And Luke Garbutt was also still getting games. While youngsters were sitting on the bench. Like Anthony Gordon. It was a disgrace.

He’s a dinosaur manager, just like moyes. And will never manage at high level unless he changes.

Last edited:
Fully understand ypour feelings but have to say that we are still a big club. Look at the attendance gfigures for example. Give the club that few more years and the wonder stadium on the waterfron, bigger gate etc and the overall media feeling will change.
I still think we are a big club mate. And when you look at spurs, yes they’ve had 4 years of challenging near the top. But they are considered a huge club by the cockney media. Yet haven’t won a title for 60yrs and a major cup for 30yrs.

I understand the new stadium and it’s being in London, commercially they’re much bigger at the moment.

While the new stadium and having success, is what we’re all hoping for. But the added bonus will be to see the reaction from the likes of sky, MOTD, talksport and the whole media. It will be beautiful to watch the meltdown.

It’s your opinion and that’s all good mate, but a disagree with a lot of it.

The turnover of players and players going out on loan, is the nature of the beast at under 23 football. Every club has to cope with that. And we under Unsworth were one of the worst for this. I don’t know the exact stats, but I wouid imagine we had one of the oldest starting 11’s on a regular basis.

You mention Moyes and that is his management style. Fight, scrap, defend for your lives. Long ball most of the time.

The 2nd time we won the title. Some of the performances were so boring. The cup final v Newcastle to win the double. It was kick and rush football. And when we scored we started to defend even deeper. And it wasn’t long before he was taking an attacker off for a defender. The last 20 Newcastle battered us.

But the main point for me was in the the season in between the 2 title wins. There was about 6 games to go, we couldn’t finish higher than say 5th probably drop to 8th at worst. And yet he was still playing 2 players who were leaving in Connor Grant and David Henen. Both about 22/23. And Luke Garbutt was also still getting games. While youngsters were sitting on the bench. Like Anthony Gordon. It was a disgrace.

He’s a dinosaur manager, just like moyes. And will never manage at high level unless he changes.

Think this interview will go some way to explain your observations on the playing style. Club issues that ran way deeper than just Unsworth… hopefully Brands is sorting it all out.

Weirdly relaxed about it still, this is nothing new, we were never the only club interested. Napoli, us, Chelsea, now potentially another. The situation is exactly the same before this - it’s his decision. After the shitshow that was spurs, our priority HAS to be central midfield and though missing out would be a shame, THAT is the position we must go all in on

Status
Not open for further replies.