2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
...he’ll have a run of not making mistakes but we know the next one is around the corner. Folk point to his great saves, but he’s there to make great saves. I’m not a fan of his type of keeper anyway, but I really don’t like a goalie who makes me nervous regardless of what type they are.

Whats funny was in the first half I was really thinking how well he did. A magnificent save off Evans, and hardly put a foot wrong the previous 2 games. Then he drops a clanger (not just the one with Keane, but also coming to collect that cross off where Iheanacho nearly scores). Thats just how he is as a keeper I think. He's erratic.

Maybe a move suits all parties best now. If he went to Chelsea, he probably gets tested less, so the mistakes he makes are just a lot less often as it goes near him less. Maybe thats what he needs now?

...he’ll have a run of not making mistakes but we know the next one is around the corner. Folk point to his great saves, but he’s there to make great saves. I’m not a fan of his type of keeper anyway, but I really don’t like a goalie who makes me nervous regardless of what type they are.

I absolutely agree, give me a steady Eddie a defence trusts.

I did wonder if he might benefit from not getting hyped up or distracted by a crowd. Nope, evidently still got a brain fart in him regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.