Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need players for the here and now though, need to stop with this 'oh he will be fine in 2 seasons nonsense' which is why i would rather go for someone else tbh.

Ive said he would need 1-2 seasons. Ive not said we shouldnt sign Gabriel to start...

If we move Keane on and loan Gibson we would need 2 centre backs.

....you really can’t say that with any certainty. From the limited game time I’ve seen, Todibo doesn’t look like what we need and I don’t know if he’ll ever be what we need.

I’d actually be a bit disappointed if Brands wants him but i accept he’s a far better judge than me.

If you can search online and find the full matches where he played for Inter you'd see a different player.

Gabriel is thrice the player Toshibo is mate

Also 2 years older.

We should be developing players through the youth team for that though, we should'nt be spending £20m+ on a player who is 'might' be good in 2 seasons imo.

If we look at the youth team at u23 and u18 level theres posters who watch them and have picked out say 5 players who are showing high potential.

Of those 5 how many would be starters in the 1st team in 2 or 3 years. How many would be squad players.

How many have dominated Inter Milan playing for Barcelona at 19 years of age.

Honestly if you watch the Barca vs Inter game he played in and were making a signing in all of world football of his profile you cant fail to be seriously impressed.

I think its important we have a strong academy but would also like to see us having academy players who are going to push past anyone ahead of them in the squad.

At the moment, Kean is our best u21 forward and Todibo would be our best u21 centre back...add in a centre mid u21 as well of a similar profile and we would be developing a young spine.

Is £20mil a huge amount of money for a top 4 side? Id happily see us pay £20mil for Todibo and £30mil for Gabriel knowing we have Holgate + Mina + Gabriel + Todibo with Gibson and Branthwaite coming through as well.

Thats at least a top 6 level quality group and with potential to be top 4 quality in terms of centre backs.

....I like him lots, out of all the links he’d be ideal for us.

Yeah Gabriel would be my choice as left centre back as well.

A little disappointed weve not got him signed already even if we would need to go closer to their asking price.

If we miss out i think its something we would regret.

Just .....just possibly and you you want to lash 25 big ones on that possibility....madness

I guess Man Utd shouldnt have signed Ronaldo?

Totally agree Eggs ...that much was evident the last time he played too . What happened then .... oh yes he got hooked at half time same as today .... not great that.

The last time he played he was on as a sub for 5mins as he was coming back from injury when he was taken off at h/t against dortmund.

He got 45mins yesterday I imagine as hes coming back from injury.

Anyone got any knowledge on this lad. Another Brazilian

Was very highly rated and PSG had agreed terms with him but couldnt do the deal due to FFP so he joined sporting.

Appears to be a good player for them.

I saw on twittter today that he has just damaged his ligaments, not sure how serious

Saw that as well then another person posted that he just had bruising...who knows.

Need players out before we can buy really. Centre Back, Centre Midfield and Right Wing are the biggest problems could make an argument we need 2 players in each position but Right Back is also a weakness. I see Lossl will be back up again next season so Goalkeeper isn't so urgent. Another striker in an ideal world but we definitely need Sandro and Tosun gone to allow that. Left Wing I'm happy that we've got Bernard and Iwobi Richarlison can play there and Gordon looks an option as well.

No player can possibly be fully developed just through youth team matches. At some point they will need to play open age football and while loans can work the far easier way is doing it ourselves.

As for the second part, 20m might be high but not by much. I'd prefer we spent 10m on 8 or 10 players who might be good in two years than 25m on 3 or 4 who will max out at a level that might not even be CL standard. That's been the play lately with the exception of a few signings.

At the moment we need RB + CB + CM + RW all starters.

We also will need players in those positions in the next 1-2 seasons to compete / rotate.

So thats why id like to see Gabriel + the 2 footed Todibo come in...that ticks off one of those 5 positions.

Beyond that going for players like Branthwaite and developing the youth makes sense mid-long term.

....Wendel looks a Gbamin replacement to me. Midfielder who receives the ball deep and can make ground with his running power. I think Brands likes that type.

Very important in a 442. My guess is that he will be a better player than the dross we have but probably more of a squad player as we continue to build the side.

Need players out before we can buy really. Centre Back, Centre Midfield and Right Wing are the biggest problems could make an argument we need 2 players in each position but Right Back is also a weakness. I see Lossl will be back up again next season so Goalkeeper isn't so urgent. Another striker in an ideal world but we definitely need Sandro and Tosun gone to allow that. Left Wing I'm happy that we've got Bernard and Iwobi Richarlison can play there and Gordon looks an option as well.

Tosun wont go till jan due to his injury.

Valladolid say were asking €5-6mil for Sandro. That probably just buys his conttact out.

Sign Saurez on a free. Play him at Anfield where he scores the winner and runs to the kop end to kiss the badge. I really couldn’t care less who we sign after that.

(was in a pub watch Liverpool v Barca last night as on. The abuse Saurez was getting from fans who don’t even know where Anfield is was so funny!!)

Sign Saurez on a free. Play him at Anfield where he scores the winner and runs to the kop end to kiss the badge. I really couldn’t care less who we sign after that.

(was in a pub watch Liverpool v Barca last night as on. The abuse Saurez was getting from fans who don’t even know where Anfield is was so funny!!)

Suarez?

...he genuinely looks the type CFs like to play against because they always give you a chance. I also think he’s a bit lightweight for our needs. I hate to say it, but VvD type physicality is our requirement, real power, pace and athleticism.

Also very one-footed, although looks very comfortable on the ball

...he genuinely looks the type CFs like to play against because they always give you a chance. I also think he’s a bit lightweight for our needs. I hate to say it, but VvD type physicality is our requirement, real power, pace and athleticism.

Van Dijk was playing for Celtic when he was 24 and in Holland when he was Todibos age.

Todibo is 6'3 and at least as athletic / quick as Van Dijk...only 20 and doesnt have the power or physical presence yet but you saw how he dealt with Inters forwards.

I dont see what he wouldnt have the same potential trajectory...

Gabriel is 2 years older and closer to the finished article though.

At the moment we need RB + CB + CM + RW all starters.

We also will need players in those positions in the next 1-2 seasons to compete / rotate.

So thats why id like to see Gabriel + the 2 footed Todibo come in...that ticks off one of those 5 positions.

Beyond that going for players like Branthwaite and developing the youth makes sense mid-long term.

Very important in a 442. My guess is that he will be a better player than the dross we have but probably more of a squad player as we continue to build the side.

Tosun wont go till jan due to his injury.

Valladolid say were asking €5-6mil for Sandro. That probably just buys his conttact out.

To be fair we can manage without a new striker we have DCL and Richarlison as first choice and Kean as back up. Gordon may also be a striker rather than a winger. Centre Back we were one short at the start of the season so it's the only position we don't need to sell to buy. I would like to ultimately replace Keane that's why I want 2. Centre midfield we need Besic and Schneiderlin gone and then replace them I would keep Davies as 5th choice and Delph will be adequate 4th choice until Gbamin returns. I think Kenny or Coleman would be an adequate back up for a new Right Back. I would probably sell Kenny just because we'll get more for him and I think we could possibly eek another 2 seasons out of Coleman and maybe Kyle John will be able to take his place as back up. Right Wing ideally get rid of both Sigurdsson and Walcott to create funds and space we need one in the style of Richarlison but left footed and one in the style of Bernard also left footed.

Todibo looks like everything I dislike in a modern defender. Seems so confident in his own ability he disregards the art of defending. Seems to take unnecessary risks when a 5 yard pass would relieve danger. Should have been a midfielder of he wants to maraud forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.