New Everton Stadium Discussion

They will hav to keep tight control. Government projects go massively overprice. We need to be like the millineum stadium. They wrote into the contract £100 million. Came in a bit over budget but the construction company bore that cost
They are estimating 120m for foundations alone, meaning 380m for the superstructure.

The 500m cost was set back in jan 2018, expect that to have risen

Having ,in theory , fully returned to work last week it is now apparent that the construction industry will be greatly slowed as long as the new safety rules are in place.
Among which is having your temperature checked at the start of the day, which in our case is only done up until 8am after which you are not allowed on site. This means you can only work on one site a day.
There is strict limitation on the amount of people allowed to work in close proximity to each other, only two people per plot on house building sites for instance,
There is also still a severe problem with supplies although this will hopefully improve.
All this means that despite being busy on multiple sites there is nothing ready for us this coming week= another week of not earning.
It’s painfully slow at the moment.

Having ,in theory , fully returned to work last week it is now apparent that the construction industry will be greatly slowed as long as the new safety rules are in place.
Among which is having your temperature checked at the start of the day, which in our case is only done up until 8am after which you are not allowed on site. This means you can only work on one site a day.
There is strict limitation on the amount of people allowed to work in close proximity to each other, only two people per plot on house building sites for instance,
There is also still a severe problem with supplies although this will hopefully improve.
All this means that despite being busy on multiple sites there is nothing ready for us this coming week= another week of not earning.
I think that by the time September comes, we will have found new ways to work around the coronavirus.

Interesting the temperature check - since people are apparently at their most infectious just before ANY symptoms show.

Better than nothing though I suppose

I think that by the time September comes, we will have found new ways to work around the coronavirus.
There is talk of extending working hours and waiving site specific restrictions on the hours that may be worked.
However the close working limits mean that each trade has to wait until the other has finished before having access to the work area and there is obviously no way to speed things along by throwing more men in, which is standard practice until now.
I can’t see construction jobs running to any pre- Covid timetable at present.

There is talk of extending working hours and waiving site specific restrictions on the hours that may be worked.
However the close working limits mean that each trade has to wait until the other has finished before having access to the work area and there is obviously no way to speed things along by throwing more men in, which is standard practice until now.

Because the surrounding area doesn't seem to have many residents living nearby, that should very much help with being able to start work earlier and finish later.

Are the lads having to wear any ppe I.e masks etc

But the early parts of this process is basically filling in the dock. That won’t become an issue for us until we’ve progressed much further down the line.

Depends if the price of materials stays the same or not. The price for pretty much everything now is being driven down so why should this be any different?
You not shopped for food yet everything’s gone up , construction the game I’m in has stayed the same but a shortage of stuff , time will tell if things go down but I don’t expect a fall maybe stagnation , a huge unemployment may bring labour costs down but projects like our stadium tend to go over budget.

They are estimating 120m for foundations alone, meaning 380m for the superstructure.

The 500m cost was set back in jan 2018, expect that to have risen

It was around 350m then, with some costs of filling in considered. I'd also day, prices will decline a bit post Covid, but borrowing will go forward.