Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuinely not taking the piss but how would they make more money from being in Europe? They have a contract that pays them regardless, no?

Appearance money from CL games and more sponsorship money.

1. Lionel Messi: €74 million
Annual salary: €36 million
Bonuses: €3 million
Other income: €35 million

2. Cristiano Ronaldo. Total: €67.4 million
Annual salary: €32 million
Bonuses: €400,000

Ah, ok, guess that makes sense.

Without knowing how any of this pandemic will effect transfer activity... I wouldn’t be surprised if we actually attempted to go without a new cm.

Unfortunately the amount of (rather poor) options we currently have in midfield it makes more sense to prioritise other areas; Right-Wing for example.

our whole midfield is gash as a unit they have no bite No Ariel ability , no mobility , can’t tackle , lack energy, severe lack of goals and the slowest in the league by some distance.

Without knowing how any of this pandemic will effect transfer activity... I wouldn’t be surprised if we actually attempted to go without a new cm.

Unfortunately the amount of (rather poor) options we currently have in midfield it makes more sense to prioritise other areas; Right-Wing for example.
We will 100% buy a midfielder and I wouldn’t be surprised if we bought two. Them options will be getting sold

Add to that, some players will have incentives in their contracts that have trigger points for extra cash i.e. reach the CL knock out stages and receive X amount.

That's before the basic point of players probably asking for more money based simply on the fact that they know the club will have additional revenue and kudos.

For us, or for all clubs? I think I understand your thinking if you're saying that's the case for all clubs. But there's so many unknowns that I don't think it's worth making predictions. At this point I think all possible outcomes are equally likely.

All clubs. I think it'll either be hardly any business purely because clubs won't have as much to spend and teams won't feel obliged to sell their prized assets for a cut down fee.

@Stephenlloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.