2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
His building job is a big job but just look at the improvement with the exact same players that Silva had. We never did a January panic and he has had ample opportunity to see what players are good enough to keep and not keep. We all know including Ancelloti that this team is not good enough. We cannot be expecting miracles from this team but he has them creating chances and looking to win games. Summer arrives and he knows what needs to be done to improve us further. His last visit to the emirates was bayern munich knocking 5 past them but we are not Bayern yet we still could have had 5. Just lacking the class players and that will take time. With Ancelloti I do not believe we will get players for the sake of it but players with the qualities that Ancelloti can nurture and mould into a much stronger team. Ancelloti has done the impossible polishing of a turd but it will only gleam so much. I am getting excited about the summer and know any incoming player will only prosper under his guidance. We are much better for him already so just wait until he gets in who he wants and see the improvement. We are on the up with this manager and us fans need a bit of perspective and realise the team/squad we have at the moment has some good players being brought down by the bog standard average players. We are not that good but we have a base.
Dont underestimate the ability of this group to flatter in order to later deceive. Look at the run we went on in the last third of last season.

They'll end up infecting any new player coming in too.

IMO, the only way past this would be to have a firesale and then allow Ancelotti to sign 7 / 8 players; players with tough, winning personalities. That's highly unlikely though. We'll be looking at the core of this lot again next season, and Ancelotti will need to assess what his options are. That, sadly, is where I see us headed. The damage was done before CA got here, and I think it's broken the club.

Dont underestimate the ability of this group to flatter in order to later deceive. Look at the run we went on in the last third of last season.

IMO, the only way past this would be to have a firesale and then allow Ancelotti to sign 7 / 8 players; players with tough, winning personalities. That's highly unlikely though. We'll be looking at the core of this lot again next season, and Ancelotti will need to assess what his options are. That, sadly, is where I see us headed. The damage was done before CA got here, and I think it's broken the club.

We need atleast 2 of Schneiderlin, Siggurdsson, Delph & Davies out the door with the likes of Kean & Iwobi farmed out on loan with the hopes of finding a buyer the following season combined with as you say a good 5-6 very good players coming in to push us forward.

We need atleast 2 of Schneiderlin, Siggurdsson, Delph & Davies out the door with the likes of Kean & Iwobi farmed out on loan with the hopes of finding a buyer the following season combined with as you say a good 5-6 very good players coming in to push us forward.
Sadly, nothing like that will happen in the summer.

To get a head start on this squad overhaul we needed to see action in and out in January. We are now way behind on addressing the mess left by Koeman-Brands.

I think there is various positives from the game yesterday, We're creating more chances we don't look down and out like we used to when we go behind, We can play poorly and still produce goals and results. Like under Silva it's silly basic mistakes that keep costing us and personnel change or the manager drilling it into them will only change that. All these results have been done with possibly the worst midfield I've seen under Everton. The signs are pointing in the right direction at least..

Pipe down about Carlo you beaut's.

Take a look at the league early December before you start cryassin.

17 chances created compared to Arsenals 5 tells you the manager is doing things right , its the wasted chances that have cost us a victory today.

I mean they had 9 like :blush:

What I don't understand is why after Coleman had a man of the match performance against palace when he marked zaha out if the match. He then drops him for sidibe who can't defend to save his life against a much dangerous player in aubameyang.

What I don't understand is why after Coleman had a man of the match performance against palace when he marked zaha out if the match. He then drops him for sidibe who can't defend to save his life against a much dangerous player in aubameyang.

It appears that hes giving everyone a chance and asking them all to impress and play for their careers at the club.

Some are shining and others are showing they prefer to play for West Ham / Palace / Newcastle next season.

Getting lots of players in never works. We need to get rid of a few. Sign 3 good players cb, midfielder and goal scorer. Then build up each year with another 3 quality players.
Like everyone I'd like success now but 2/3 years this will be Carlo's team and all the crap will have gone.

Getting lots of players in never works. We need to get rid of a few. Sign 3 good players cb, midfielder and goal scorer. Then build up each year with another 3 quality players.
Like everyone I'd like success now but 2/3 years this will be Carlo's team and all the crap will have gone.
That's why I said earlier we needed to see outgoings and incomings in January to make it less of a shock in the summer. That opportunity was neglected (again).

We need:

GK
CB
DMF
RW
FW

Status
Not open for further replies.