Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are a bit limited due to FFP this year and won’t be spending big. We need to move some players on.

I think we will look to use youngsters in some of the back up roles.
All about opinions.
But as well as attracting Ancelotti to the club, Moshiri is paying him and his team potentially 70mil in salaries over the next 4yrs. Doesn’t make sense to them give him no money. Or finding a way around ffp to give as much as he can.

I’ve mentioned this before, but when Ancelotti was first linked, we had all the Italian media saying he won’t take the job, wants a break and to spend to Xmas in Canada with his wife. He also would have had a pick of top clubs in the summer all paying him similar wages

But he drops all that to join a prem club in the relegation zone. He would have been promised big money to spend imo. And ok maybe he won’t be able to spend it all straight away. But I expect a minimum of 50mil deficit on transfers this summer.

And if FFP was such a big issue, why didn’t Moshiri just keep Duncan for a couple of years. Use that time to finally get rid of the old players on high wages and to blood a few youngsters. And just making sure we stay in the prem for the next 2yrs. And then start again.

Are you referring to the the BMD naming rights? Is I'm pretty certain that this is ring fenced for the stadium development.

It may well be "ring fenced" but its still like any other income be it a shirt or sponser deal it will surely count as income/revenue coming into the club which will inevitably affect FFP you would imagine.

It may well be "ring fenced" but its still like any other income be it a shirt or sponser deal it will surely count as income/revenue coming into the club which will inevitably affect FFP you would imagine.
But infrastructure costs are independent of FFP, therefore the income and subsequent costs will cancel each other out. This is how i understand it.

But infrastructure costs are independent of FFP, therefore the income and subsequent costs will cancel each other out. This is how i understand it.

Dont think thats correct. The £30m is income, and will be assessed as having an impact on FFP.

Moshiri and his mates could spend £5 Billion tomorrow on BMD, and not one penny would be assessed against FFP. (Wouldnt have much left to spend mind, but thats beside the point)

I think.

Dont think thats correct. The £30m is income, and will be assessed as having an impact on FFP.

Moshiri and his mates could spend £5 Billion tomorrow on BMD, and not one penny would be assessed against FFP. (Wouldnt have much left to spend mind, but thats beside the point)

I think.
Was that £5 billion in the documents?

As nice as it would be to have Kenny he doesn't possess the technical quality or pace/power to be effective in the PL. Sidibe as lax as he can be defensively is significantly better than Kenny from a technical stand point and is much more athletic he is somewhat able to cover his short comings with recovery pace and power. Sell kenny and keep Sidibe and coleman for a year or two.

I think.
It may be assessed as income but as i said we could only spend it on BMD, so essentially it will be invisible as far as FFP is concerned. We can't rob Peter to pay Paul with it. If there's restrictions on the amount of money a club can lose in a financial year then it will have zero affect, unless of course we don't spend it.

It may be assessed as income but as i said we could only spend it on BMD, so essentially it will be invisible as far as FFP is concerned. We can't rob Peter to pay Paul with it. If there's restrictions on the amount of money a club can lose in a financial year then it will have zero affect, unless of course we don't spend it.

The thing is we are "choosing" to spend it on BMD its not a necessity to do so hence why it should still effect FFP.

We could ring fence any revenue solely to the stadium but thats our choice and the accounts would still show it as revenue.

I think we are saying the same thing.

All about opinions.
But as well as attracting Ancelotti to the club, Moshiri is paying him and his team potentially 70mil in salaries over the next 4yrs. Doesn’t make sense to them give him no money. Or finding a way around ffp to give as much as he can.

I’ve mentioned this before, but when Ancelotti was first linked, we had all the Italian media saying he won’t take the job, wants a break and to spend to Xmas in Canada with his wife. He also would have had a pick of top clubs in the summer all paying him similar wages

But he drops all that to join a prem club in the relegation zone. He would have been promised big money to spend imo. And ok maybe he won’t be able to spend it all straight away. But I expect a minimum of 50mil deficit on transfers this summer.

And if FFP was such a big issue, why didn’t Moshiri just keep Duncan for a couple of years. Use that time to finally get rid of the old players on high wages and to blood a few youngsters. And just making sure we stay in the prem for the next 2yrs. And then start again.
FFP is an issue and there is no point burying our heads in the sand. It’s not going away.
There are some acceptable ways to add inject money, but we have to be careful or we will fall foul. We are limited because of what went on before.
I also recall that Ancelotti said the squad was good. I read that as not needing too much work. He is improving it already through his coaching.
There are obviously improvements that can be made, but I think a fair portion of any budget this summed will have to be generated from sales.

The thing is we are "choosing" to spend it on BMD its not a necessity to do so hence why it should still effect FFP.

We could ring fence any revenue solely to the stadium but thats our choice and the accounts would still show it as revenue.
I'm really trying to say that if we spend £30 million in the current financial year on BMD this will cancel out the £30 million from Usmanov.
Therefore our P & L accounts will not be affected either positively or negatively.
But of course if say we only spend £10 million on BMD then the Usmanov money will have a positive impact on FFP.

FFP is an issue and there is no point burying our heads in the sand. It’s not going away.
There are some acceptable ways to add inject money, but we have to be careful or we will fall foul. We are limited because of what went on before.
I also recall that Ancelotti said the squad was good. I read that as not needing too much work. He is improving it already through his coaching.
There are obviously improvements that can be made, but I think a fair portion of any budget this summed will have to be generated from sales.
Well we will see in the summer.

But in the last few weeks I’ve seen a guy on twitter an Everton fan, who comes across very clued up, say he expects us to spend a 100mil on top of sales.

A financial expert on the radio taking about FFP and mentioning Everton, Moshiri And Usmanov. And that they want to spend a lot of money but are restricted by ffp.

And I also read that Everton have a lot of money to spend, but can’t spend a lot at the moment. Now does that mean we have £500mil to spend but can only spend 50mil this summer.

My guess is as good as yours.

I'm really trying to say that if we spend £30 million in the current financial year on BMD this will cancel out the £30 million from Usmanov.
Therefore our P & L accounts will not be affected either positively or negatively.
But of course if say we only spend £10 million on BMD then the Usmanov money will have a positive impact on FFP.

I dont think it does mate - investment on infrastructure/stadia has no bearing on FFP so I believe.

Could be wrong like.

I also read, regarding player sales and purchases. Now I’m sure some on here will know exactly how this works.

But if we sell Keane for say 20mil and we buy the young Brazilian CB linked for 40mil on a 5yr deal. That works out that we have pulled in 20 put only spent 8. On the books.

Is this such a thing?

I dont think it does mate - investment on infrastructure/stadia has no bearing on FFP so I believe.

Could be wrong like.

Clubs need to balance football-related expenditure - transfers and wages - with television and ticket income, plus revenues raised by their commercial departments. Money spent on stadiums, training facilities, youth development or community projects is exempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.