Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
City have not so secretly engaged in a conspiracy to flout fair play rules, entirely funded by a backwards, corrup regime, and there are people that think this ban is wrong ? Football is just full of hypocrites

This is how I feel about it. City have been caught breaking the rules and should be punished. The fact they've a load of high priced lawyers and a limitless pot of money to fight this shouldn't obscure they've been caught red handed.

I can't help wondering what the responses would've been like if this discussion had taken place before the Moshiri takeover? Think of all those years Moyes was trying to compete against sides with much bigger budgets and getting to say 5th, but maybe one or two of the sides above were operating with a bottomless purse?

I know there's issues with FFP and how it may effect Everton but reading this thread it feels like now we've got our own billionaire a lot of fans are happy to look the other way and ignore the bigger picture? Isn't that just hypocrisy?

Can’t see it having an effect for next season but I wouldn’t be surprised if the ban is reduced to one season for the season after next.

Either way it gives the team something to play for. There’s enough games left for us to get into Europe in some way and it’s up to us.

If the form table remains the same for the rest of the season, we’d be in or around 4th.

like when our shadow owner spends 30 million for a place in line for the opportunity to get stadium naming rights?
They will try to use ffp against Everton guaranteed

We flagged that deal up to the league ourselves.

What City got punished for was lying about where their income came from. They told the league that 67m came from Etihad when it was, in reality, 8m and the rest from their owner.

Although having the chief exec say "one down, five to go" when a member of the ffp panel died probably didn't go in their favour...

Another real possibility is for Chelsea or Spurs to win the CL, finish outside the top five and demote 5th place back to the Europa.

Now that would be Everton That!! Finish fifth and get Collinad back into the Europa League. After the multiple Fairs Cup denials and the Villarreal fiasco we should be expecting it.

Or of course the more realistic chance that City appeal and we miss out on what we at first thought was ours.. somewhat ironically given that we missed out on a league title after fog stopped a game at City we were winning easily back in the dark days.

We flagged that deal up to the league ourselves.

What City got punished for was lying about where their income came from. They told the league that 67m came from Etihad when it was, in reality, 8m and the rest from their owner.

Although having the chief exec say "one down, five to go" when a member of the ffp panel died probably didn't go in their favour...

I understand, I just think we would be naive to think this usmanov usm relationship won’t come back at some point and try to be used against Everton if we ever start to have some real success.

They've just been through this on TS.. City have lied about where income has come from and have been caught in emails. Totally different to PSG who put their hands up admitting being caught. I think thats the gist of it?

This is how I feel about it. City have been caught breaking the rules and should be punished. The fact they've a load of high priced lawyers and a limitless pot of money to fight this shouldn't obscure they've been caught red handed.

I can't help wondering what the responses would've been like if this discussion had taken place before the Moshiri takeover? Think of all those years Moyes was trying to compete against sides with much bigger budgets and getting to say 5th, but maybe one or two of the sides above were operating with a bottomless purse?

I know there's issues with FFP and how it may effect Everton but reading this thread it feels like now we've got our own billionaire a lot of fans are happy to look the other way and ignore the bigger picture? Isn't that just hypocrisy?
Remind us what we won under Moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.