Match Thread Everton 3-1 Crystal Palace - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time post

Whoever this guy is, yes a work in progress but definitely been an upsurge also since Silva went.

Kind of links in with the 'media' thread

Going to be difficult to control any games with our midfield situation but impressed with the backbone this team has developed in the last month and a half. Surreal to have to give consideration to Schneiderlin for MOTM but went with Richarlison as he won the game with his brilliant goal and looked threatening all match. Well in

Burnley for me.

On another day Palace could have actually won that, as we were poor for long stretches of it.

Makes me realize how much we need to keep Richarlison.

Because we truly looked as if we were going to implode for a moment there! Same old story, and panic stations all round.

I, and I am sure most fans, and the manager, won't let that result gloss over the fact that we came perilously close to another Newcastle today! WTF happened early on in that second half!

The difference was a moment of magic from Richarlison, which handed us back the initiative, and made palaces heads go down again. Not since Rooney have we had such a treasure, and this time we need to hold onto him. Give up players like that, and there is no sense having a manger like Ancelotti!

Make no mistake he won us that game today!

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson on Match of the Day: "It was a cruel defeat in many ways, the first 25 minutes was tame from both teams, but towards the end of the half we showed more confidence and got on the ball better.

"The way we started the second was half really good and the equaliser was a result of the control we had. The second goal came when we were pushing, all of a sudden the flick on puts Richarlison through on a 40, 50-yard run and we found ourselves fighting to get back another equaliser - we hit the crossbar, the keeper made a fantastic save.

"The third killed it off. I can't fault the players' effort, but it's another defeat and another we go home without points despite the fact we didn't play that badly and perhaps deserved something.

"We know what we have to do. When we moved the ball quickly we asked questions and were close to getting more than one goal. The result colours any sort of judgement, so it's difficult to see the game as clear as you would like."

More from Roy Hodgson, on Christian Benteke's first goal since April: "He was lively, held the ball up well and got his head on a few balls, that was a positive for us - he's beginning to be the type of centre forward we need.

"He was a constant danger but Everton defended well too. As did we. Jordan Pickford was forced to make a match-winning save.

"We have enough in our locker to make sure we get the points we need, but the sooner that happens the happier we'll all be."

I feel slightly sullied by my choice,I went with Schniederlin,thought he had a decent game,was a tough choice as it was an effective performance rather than an entertaining one,I also thought the referee done ok in a niggly stop/start game

Too many players just picking up a wage, Sigurdsson another. Coleman.
Makes me realize how much we need to keep Richarlison.

Because we truly looked as if we were going to implode for a moment there! Same old story, and panic stations all round.

I, and I am sure most fans, and the manager, won't let that result gloss over the fact that we came perilously close to another Newcastle today! WTF happened early on in that second half!

The difference was a moment of magic from Richarlison, which handed us back the initiative, and made palaces heads go down again. Not since Rooney have we had such a treasure, and this time we need to hold onto him. Give up players like that, and there is no sense having a manger like Ancelotti!

Make no mistake he won us that game today!

Very good post mate your right about Richarlison, at times today he looked world class. Always our main threat today.

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson on Match of the Day: "It was a cruel defeat in many ways, the first 25 minutes was tame from both teams, but towards the end of the half we showed more confidence and got on the ball better.

In all fairness, isn't that like 12 games in a row he's lost as the visiting mgr at Goodison? Jog on you owl-faced dino.

Status
Not open for further replies.