2019/20 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea
Utd
Spurs

All clubs with equally suspect keepers. Ive said for a while there is a shortage of top keepers in world football and Pickfords ability on the ball in terms of his feet makes him a big asset.

I dont think he'll be sold though - Ancelotti likes to play it out from the back which Pickford is good at.

He needs proper competition at the minimum
United have Henderson coming back though

He has not had a good season. But I have found signs of improvement under ancelotti. He is looking to be more commanding from crosses even though he does not always clear well. He has made some good saves the past few games. He does need to improve parts of his game but on his day he can be a match winner.

Definitely partly at fault for the goals last night. But a commanding centre-half (or any outfield player for that matter) clears those two hopeful lumps into the box. Pickford gets a poor connection on the punch for the first, but a defender should be winning everything there.

We'd get £50m for him.

But I don't think we'll be selling unless a team offers.

He's far from our main problem, even though I readily admit he's not been good this season.

Definitely partly at fault for the goals last night. But a commanding centre-half (or any outfield player for that matter) clears those two hopeful lumps into the box. Pickford gets a poor connection on the punch for the first, but a defender should be winning everything there.

They're all at fault. Every player on the pitch at the time and the manager too.

Bigger picture – also throw in Brands and our crap transfer dealings for leaving us with such crap options to come on.

Who on this earth is going to pay £50m for him right now? Cuckoo, we'd be lucky to recoup close to what we paid.

He's 25. England's first-choice. On a long contract.

We'd get £45-50m easily as a starting price.

Why do people act like the market isn't still mental?

United would pay it if De Gea went/Henderson wasn't up to it. Chelsea would pay it.

he's had a poor few months but i highly doubt we'll be selling.

United would pay it if De Gea went/Henderson wasn't up to it. Chelsea would pay it.

Do you really believe that? Genuinely. As i dont see him on any clubs wanted list who want to challenge at the top.
I just dont see it in him.

No doubt that’ll be what we’d want to get for him but for the life of me I can’t see any other club foolish enough to pay it, especially when the leagues littered with better or at least more stable goalkeepers that cost a fraction of what he did

It's a fallacy that shorter keepers are at a disadvantage

The reality is that Pickford just isn't very good and it's nothing to do with his height or lack of it

His height DEFINATELY has alot to do with it.

A tall keeper finds it alot easier to come and collect a cross. Of which would have seen us get 3 points last night. I dont beat Pickford with the height stick, as it's not his choice. But ultimately being a smaller keeper generally means the team will concede more chances from crosses.

Goalkeeper isn't the biggest worry at the moment and nor should it be. Should we actually progress forward and start knocking on the doors above, then yes, we can go "Is he good enough for top 4?" and that's when you look to spend money to either challenge or replace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.