January Transfer Thread 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
EVERTON SEEK RIGHT WINGER OPTIONS
Will Everton be seeking additional competition for Theo Walcott this month?
Speaking at the club's AGM last night, director of football Marcel Brands said that he would work with Carlo Ancelotti to seek options on the right side of midfield.
"In defence we are quite well organised with the positions and players we're happy with," Brands said.
"But because Carlo has changed the system a little bit, with 4-4-2, it means we have quite a lot of options now in central midfield, but looking a little bit less on the right side in this new system.
"We have to look at that and, of course, we are always looking for new players and we are always looking at the numbers and we have to be careful with that."

Go get Donadoni please Carlo. Ignore his age, he’d still be more effective than Walcott.

Loans is fine for me in January.

No idea why we’d sell Kenny when he could potentially come in and be our best right back next year. Even if he comes back and isn’t up to it, we could still sell for £15m to someone like Bournemouth.

I'm actually not fussed whether we buy or loan players but we need to strengthen.

We definitely shouldn't sell Kenny yet. An English RB playing in the top flight will always hold value. Even better if he comes back and plays for us.

Loans is fine for me in January.

No idea why we’d sell Kenny when he could potentially come in and be our best right back next year. Even if he comes back and isn’t up to it, we could still sell for £15m to someone like Bournemouth.

Fully agree on Kenny. Holgate has proved that you can come back from loan and push for a place.

Status
Not open for further replies.