2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I ever said part time. I said semi-pro, which was what it was called at the time. You were making (theoretically at least!) prize money, you had the (extremely limited) support of a team but you weren't getting paid a wage.
I don't think I ever said part time. I said semi-pro, which was what it was called at the time. You were making (theoretically at least!) prize money, you had the (extremely limited) support of a team but you weren't getting paid a wage.

Theres a book or a movie in that story,somewhere! You're right, you said semi pro...I wrongly assumed it would be part time. As in semi pro footballers with another job.

Theres a book or a movie in that story,somewhere!

There's an American called Joe Parkin who basically went the same route, albeit with the added bonus of actually being good at cycling, who wrote a book called "A Dog in a Hat" about it, it's very good.

But this is how Tom Simpson and Robert Millar, Sean Yates and the like got their start. There were loads of Aussies there too and they'd murder you for a €5 12th place prize. Because with them, if they had to drop it they couldn't come back the next year that was their one shot.

Whole Kean situation wreaks of poor leadership amongst dressing room. No leaders. Need a proper skipper.
This is an interesting take. But you’re right about no leadership, where is our Peter Reid or even Phil Neville come to that? Marco is so passive on the touchline, just who is he shouting instructions to when he actually does?

Great bit of scouting on this lad: cant score, ignores club rules, spends cash like a drunken sailor on bling and rubs it in the fans' faces.

Hats off to all those who did due dilligence on him. Well done.

FFS, even Souness knew the score more than our DoF.

Hahaha.

Souness took a swipe, he didn't know anything. Due diligence? This is the same man who signed a player without watching him because he said he was George Weahs cousin, with no proof, and put him straight into a Premier League match day squad. Now he has the audacity to lecture others on why talented young players are signed from 1 of Europe's top clubs.

I know we get called bitter, but everything he said was the hallmark of those actual bitter b*stards across the park.

The lad was late to meeting. Hes been disciplined. Let's not make this something it's not.

said before, the game against Norwich he needs to be given a go

sit him down and tell him he needs to swerve the being a beaut and tell him he'll start against Norwich, if he can get that first goal he will kick on

I remember the first few cameos he made when he had confidence he was looking sharp, a few little pointless cameos later he looks low on confidence,

Bit more context added in the articles this morning. He literally overslept and missed a morning meeting, it's disappointing and it's right that he was dropped for it, but it's really not something to be concerned about. Had he just gone AWOL and not turned up for something at Finch Farm that would be much more of a concern.
Oversleeping from partying in a strip club probably, AM I RIGHT?

There's an American called Joe Parkin who basically went the same route, albeit with the added bonus of actually being good at cycling, who wrote a book called "A Dog in a Hat" about it, it's very good.

But this is how Tom Simpson and Robert Millar, Sean Yates and the like got their start. There were loads of Aussies there too and they'd murder you for a €5 12th place prize. Because with them, if they had to drop it they couldn't come back the next year that was their one shot.
I once read a book by Tim Moore where, as an amateur cyclist, he rode the course of that years tour de France. I quite enjoyed the book but the cycling sounded absolutely brutal. Can’t imagine the lifestyle day in day out.

Off topic that clearly. So I sure hope Moise Kean has learnt his lesson.

I'm still really excited for when it i clicks into gear for him. Which I am absolutely positive it will.

That Watford cameo, for instance, was absolutely explosive. He was a midgie's bell from his getting his first goal.

Despite some in here, we generally are very good as a fan base for getting behind anyone that puts the effort in.

He'll get there, definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.