2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hope he starts against Norwich, a poor side, perfect time for him to get a start and hopefully a goal.
Yeeeaaahh, don’t really see Silva keeping him out of the squad one week and starting him the next. Wouldn’t mind it though. Still think if we ever go with a 3-5-2 or something like that he’d pair well with Cenk. And that formation actually makes decent sense given the injures we’ve sustained. Silva won’t change though.

—————-—Pickford———————-
——Keane——-Mina——Holgate———-
Sidibe—-—Davies—-Delph———Digne
———--———-Iwobi————————-
————-Kean———-Tosun—————-

He has the potential to be the player that provides the goals that we lost when Lukaku left. He’s, also, potentially the biggest bust since Bolasie. It’s all about potential, isn’t it. It could go either way.

Richy loses the ball just as much and gets 90 mins since he’s been here
Morgan gets kind and produces nothing
Walcott produces nothing and gets mins
DCL9 produced nothing for years and got over 80 games
He should have got a lot more time to shine, I can see another lookman situation coming with kean unfortunately.
Interesting point, we seem to handle young talent really badly, well Marco does anyway, 2 players with obvious talent, it's a real shame.

He has the potential to be the player that provides the goals that we lost when Lukaku left. He’s, also, potentially the biggest bust since Bolasie. It’s all about potential, isn’t it. It could go either way.
I’d say Klassen already has the title of biggest bust since Bolasie. Kean will come good.

Interesting point, we seem to handle young talent really badly, well Marco does anyway, 2 players with obvious talent, it's a real shame.

It is isn’t it. I mean Vlasic is another who didn’t get much time to impress , lookman , kean but Kenny, DCL9 , davies get chances. Only think I can think of is that it must be application in training or attitude. Vlasic and lookman basically spat the dummy as they felt they should be getting more mins and I agree. Kean supposedly looking to get out? I take that with a pinch of salt tho. The Interesting thing for me is, these young players with good attitudes aren’t the most talented and it’s probably their attitude, hard work and application that got them where they are disputes not being the most talented , fastest etc. Cahill was one such player , the ones that seem to have all the skill and quality are the ones we aren’t keeping or developing. This I think is down to their ego or the fact everything comes to them naturally and they have cruises through the youth levels standing out while not having to work as hard as some letter like Davies etc. being strict and not giving them mins is one way to approach it and you can’t have “lazy” players defending mins and all sorts of other things or you end up with players like Pogba. Saying that we can’t afford to not give these players a chance or for them to leave for relatively low sums and end up becomeing decent players. This is where managing them comes in and I have no idea how to guide and discipline a 19 year old millionaire with a massive ego and that has never worked a day in his life while having greedy agents in his ear saying how great he is since the age of 12, but that is part of the job today and it’s a pretty massive part of it if you’re like us and need to buy young talent instead of the finished article. I’m not saying kean is like that as I would t know it’s just a pattern I have noticed about who’s being let go and who’s getting minutes. Lookman and Vlasic are a lot more naturally gifted than DLC9 and Davies but they were the ones that we let go, without really giving them and extended run in the team. The other thing may be that we promise these kids minutes before they sign , if they’re talented , they probably have other clubs after them and some may be bigger than us, the promise of minutes may have been the deal clincher but when I doesn’t materialise they can spit the dummy , especially if bolasie is playing in front of you which was the case for lookman and Vlasic

Richy loses the ball just as much and gets 90 mins since he’s been here
Morgan gets kind and produces nothing
Walcott produces nothing and gets mins
DCL9 produced nothing for years and got over 80 games
He should have got a lot more time to shine, I can see another lookman situation coming with kean unfortunately.
So the best we’ve got is, everyone else is crap, so is he, so he should play as well???
My point was, he doesn’t look any better than what we’ve got. I think there’s an underlying agreement here

'Semi pro cycling' ? Is that a bit like if you work for Uber you're a ' semi pro taxi driver' ?

The way it used to be before British Cycling got their act together was you saved up some money and found a good team in Europe to ride for. They would usually provide you a bike and some clothes as well as some cheap digs and the rest was up to you through cash saved or won.

You'd normally be racing 5 days a week all over the place against current pros, former pros, guys who never quite made it and other youngsters. It was bloody brutal. I did 4 months in France and 4 in Belgium the year after.

The way it used to be before British Cycling got their act together was you saved up some money and found a good team in Europe to ride for. They would usually provide you a bike and some clothes as well as some cheap digs and the rest was up to you through cash saved or won.

You'd normally be racing 5 days a week all over the place against current pros, former pros, guys who never quite made it and other youngsters. It was bloody brutal. I did 4 months in France and 4 in Belgium the year after.

Must have been tough, but hardly 'part time' I mean, you weren't doing another job as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.