Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Linesman yes, but no way could he have gotten information to the ref that quickly, the whistle was blown while the ball was in the air, you're talking a second maybe a second and a half for the lines man to make the decision get the information to the ref and then the ref to blow the whistle.
Well no. if the liners flag goes straight up the ref blows straight away

Got home a bit later than I had anticipated.

Goodison, electric. Not seen it like that for awhile.

Silva was on the touchline all game, looked interested throughout. Crowd picked up on that.

Davies and Gomes, constant communication throughout the game. Felt like Davies took a more senior role from what I could see and hear. Gomes is such a tidy little footballer.

Walcott, immense. He's still lightning fast, it's insane to see it live.

Iwobi, immense. I loved how he just drifts across the front 3. Would love to see him start more in that role.

I missed Bernard's goal, but just watched it on YouTube. His work up and down that wing was immense. Digne dropped off a bit, which I felt made us more dynamic going forward.

Richarlison, immense. His work rate is insane.

Mina is a monster. Was winding Haller up all game too. Love to see that.

Keane was really communicative with Sidibe. It's obvious that he's our most senior defender right now.

Sigurdsson's goal was magic. He had a lot of stick from the crowd when he came on, but was obvious that he had a point to prove.

Let's push on now.

Some of the runs behind were fantastic to see yesterday.

That's what we want the team doing. Not slowly building up and crossing it to the centre forward we haven't bought. Play on the ground, use the ability of the attackers we have and play through a defence.

Silva had the team regularly doing that and winning won't be so difficult against lesser teams.

Same line up next week and see how they get on away from home

Also that one at the end when West Ham got that corner, if they scored would VAR go that far back?
I am not sure if it would have if W/H scored,as knowing them they would have said the foul we should have got was the end of a phase of play,and the corner was the start of a new one so cant do nothing,but heck who knows lol

No way the ref spotted the ball going out of play from a corner, impossible angle to make that call as quickly as he did, he should called VAR to check out whatever he thought he saw. From the replays I've seen there was nothing wrong, BT suggested Gomes was at fault for blocking a player but if that's the case there'd never be a goal scored from a corner.

There was no VAR in use. In fact look at the vid should have been a penalty. Mina was having the shirt pulled off his back and two of our players at the post were being blocked and fouled.

Status
Not open for further replies.