2019/20 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
To many players over the years have stayed at Everton to long. And Coleman is another one added to the list. Plod along in mid table on your well used to be 50k a week now it’s a 100k a week. Don’t win anything collapse as soon as a bit of pressure comes your way.

Get a manger who’s ruthless, if a player doesn’t do it after 18minths get rid.
Managers are usually gone before then

Seamus has been in decline for some time now. Hes having minimal effect on the team in terms of his leadership and his own performance level. He now has a disturbing habit of attempted dribbling in and around the box... usually surrounded by the opposition. When he gets the ball there I get the same dread as when Joseph Yobo used to be on the ball. Its a real pity as hes a good fella and has been a marvellous player for us. However, we dont need another passenger in the side with the others we now have in the main... let alone a player on the way to becoming a liability.

He let us down today with two badly timed challenges. His crossing is usually poor. He does at least look as though he is trying and cares. Should be his last season as a starter. However over the years he has been with us I have really enjoyed seeing him play for us. He should be respected for his contribution to us and hopefully will stay part of this club.

It's an issue of consistency with him just like most of our team. He was great last week. But then this week he was very poor and compounded it by getting sent off and costing us the game.

He's a senior player and supposed to be a leader. He can't be so different one week from another.

Great lad, great servant and has had a decent career unfortunately he has not been the same since that horrific injury, this club is like a charity totally these days, ex Everton freeloaders everywhere around the gaff, only one on the books who is worth a carrot earning his corn is Unsworth.
He's not been playing well, like the vast majority of our squad, and it was stupid what he done today, but to suggest he's a freeloader is a bit extreme.

He's trying and it matters to him, I'm not sure that can be said for a fair few of them. He'll be trying his best to get us out of this mess, don't think he'll be downing tools and freeloading.

And in a perfect world Sidibe comes in, impresses and keeps his spot. There are other areas of the pitch that concern me far more than right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.