Marcus Bent

Status
Not open for further replies.
The actual truth is that they're very similar style-wise and ability-wise. If you look at Bent's career rather than just one nostalgic season, then no it isn't quite obvious at all.

I remember Bent being a much bigger handful than DCL has ever been … runs in from behind, attacking the goal, every where he was at.

his goal ratio might not be spectacular , but Bent very much affected the game , unlike DCL who is just a passenger from what ive seen

yes and this thread was born out of her tweet.. you obv follow her mush ..

any way I was a huge fan of bent... hes everything DCL isnt

I can assure I do not.

7CD3CC97-60BB-48B3-882B-639099743BF5.jpeg

I remember Bent being a much bigger handful than DCL has ever been … runs in from behind, attacking the goal, every where he was at.

his goal ratio might not be spectacular , but Bent very much affected the game , unlike DCL who is just a passenger from what ive seen

You clearly don't remember much about Bent and how we used him then. His job was to run the channels and occupy defenders, stretching the back 4 for Cahill to come from deep and attack the space left by said defenders in the box. Johnson was given a similar task. In fact so was pretty much every centre forward we had under Moyes.

You clearly don't remember much about Bent and how we used him then. His job was to run the channels and occupy defenders for Cahill to come from deep and attack the space left by said defenders in the box. Johnson was given a similar task. In fact so was pretty much every centre forward we had under Moyes.

yes agreed. much more effective than DCL.

anyway lets hope keans promising start gathers momentum … thing is I don't want the lad burned out and having all the goals expected to come from just him..

sorry this is the bent thread, but its all relative, comparing him to current forwards

Was a low point that summer, flogging the family silver(Rooney) and buying Marcus for £450,000,but he did well for us that season as a focal point up front, great work ethic and a lot better player than I originally thought.

I think he caught Moyes' eye the season before as he scored for Leicester against us and done well. Might have been the game where Ferguson got sent off for trying to steal Stefan Freunds head

I think he caught Moyes' eye the season before as he scored for Leicester against us and done well. Might have been the game where Ferguson got sent off for trying to steal Stefan Freunds head
It was macca,I was there, Bent equalised very late on after it looked like our ten men were going to hang on for a victory, sickener,paled into insignificance when we found out the awful news our fellow blue Bernard Murphy had been tragically killed before the game.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.