How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sheer amount of bed wetting from our older supporters.

We're not a top side, we haven't been since the 1980s. Not going to change overnight.
source.gif

This season, at least.

And the club should have a replacement lined up before it makes any move.

We just lived through what happens when you knee jerk cycle managers.

Christmas for me, but we need to stay looking top 6 candidate. There are things you can give him credit for last season, but after the backing he has no excuses, and to come out with the verbal crap he has is worrying.
We’ve got 4 points out of 9 after playing 3 of the worst teams in the division. Top 6? Not a chance with this fella in charge, he’s just so uninspiring on the touch line.

We’ve got 4 points out of 9 after playing 3 of the worst teams in the division. Top 6? Not a chance with this fella in charge, he’s just so uninspiring on the touch line.

Hardly the worst, we had the exact same result at Selhurst in April, Watford took 4 points off us last season with near enough the same squad and Villa gave both Spurs and Bournemouth a game and have always been a bogey team even pre relegation. You make them sound like Huddersfield last season or the Derby and Sunderland teams that went down with record low points totals

Hardly the worst, we had the exact same result at Selhurst in April, Watford took 4 points off us last season with near enough the same squad and Villa gave both Spurs and Bournemouth a game and have always been a bogey team even pre relegation. You make them sound like Huddersfield last season or the Derby and Sunderland teams that went down with record low points totals
Villa lost at home to Bournemouth ffs, a team, I think, with a worse away record than even us!

Bogey team? We won 3-1 there on our last visit.

Think he'll have learnt a lot about certain members of the team yesterday, DcL and Sigurdsson in particular. I fully expect him to drop DcL now (if he doesn't he is setting himself up for a fall). Silva seems quite loyal to Calvert-Lewin and may see him as a sort of mini managerial project, but the results are now in and it's failed.

With Sigurdsson, this second striker nonsense surely has to end. The guy hardly touches the ball. I think we need to push Richarlison higher up the pitch and sacrifice some of his defensive responsibility and bring Gylfi back so he can actually get involved. For someone who possesses his delivery, I can't for the life of me understand why we don't have him operating on the right channel where he'd always be in a position to swing the ball in from the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.