Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignoring Signing Gomes,Digne, Mina, Richo and Bernard less than 12 months ago so you can focus on previous bad stuff?

Weird

One good summer doesn’t erase all the missed opportunities. Sat in 4th badly needing some Jan signings, never came.

Probably Moyes best team too.

Brands pulls it off again and Moshiri backs him once he’s reduced the wages I think then I can firmly sit down.

Not a lot of people are doing that to be fair mate

I think a lot of the Brands' biggest fans on here just can't handle him being criticised in any shape or form

There's very much an undercurrent on here at the moment that we're not allowed to question any of Brands' decisions. I agree that overall he's done a good job thus far, but he gets free passes a lot of the time that others wouldn't have gotten. There needs to be a bit of a push back I think. It'll be better for the overall health of the forum

“Trust Walsh”.

Something dangerous about cult like following of individuals

I think a lot of Brands' biggest fans on here just can't handle him being criticised in any shape or form

There's very much an undercurrent on here at the moment that we're not allowed to question any of Brands' decisions. I agree that overall he's done a good job thus far, but he gets free passes a lot of the time that others wouldn't have gotten. There needs to be a bit of a push back I think. It'll be better for the overall health of the forum

Fair enough that there’s a few hystericals who think Brands is going to land us the next Mbappe for peanuts and sell Bolasie for 20 mill. I think most though seem willing to give him the benefit of the doubt due to the credit he’s earned from a very good first window where nearly every singing has been successful. Most people seem to see that the squad is improving window on window and expect it to be better again by the end of this one.

There’s a lot more though that are too extreme in the other direction though. Each to their own as ever with opinions but they don’t have much evidence to back it up.

Delph hasn’t even kicked a ball with us and already at the ripe age of 29, an England international, fresh off 2 consecutive titles with probably the best PL team of all time, has been declared as ‘washed up’ on here. Good lord.

I remember when we signed Martina and were told to trust Walsh and Koeman, that worked out well...

I don't expect Delph to be anywhere near as bad of course, but enough unexciting signings have come in and been meh over the years that it's perfectly acceptable to think it could happen again. Hopefully it doesn't and I'll support Delph unconditionally when he plays for us because he'll be an Everton player, but acting like people are out of line for criticising such a signing is ridiculous

I think a lot of Brands' biggest fans on here just can't handle him being criticised in any shape or form

Push back against Brands? Why? Just to be alternative? I can’t see any reason to doubt him based on the evidence we’ve seen so far.

After a year of Walsh we could clearly see the mess we’d gotten ourselves into. A year of Brands and we can see tangible signs of progress, albeit small at the moment.

I remember when we signed Martina and were told to trust Walsh and Koeman, that worked out well...

I don't expect Delph to be anywhere near as bad of course, but enough unexciting signings have come in and been meh over the years that it's perfectly acceptable to think it could happen again. Hopefully it doesn't and I'll support Delph unconditionally when he plays for us because he'll be an Everton player, but acting like people are out of line for criticising such a signing is ridiculous

Anyone who said that was an absolute idiot though, and most of us thought that at the time.

Fair enough that there’s a few hystericals who think Brands is going to land us the next Mbappe for peanuts and sell Bolasie for 20 mill. I think most though seem willing to give him the benefit of the doubt due to the credit he’s earned from a very good first window where nearly every singing has been successful. Most people seem to see that the squad is improving window on window and expect it to be better again by the end of this one.

There’s a lot more though that are too extreme in the other direction though. Each to their own as ever with opinions but they don’t have much evidence to back it up.

Both extremes only exist as a reaction to the other

The Brands fans lay into someone giving legitimate and minor criticism to Brands and that then gives that person a chip on their shoulder and they become more emboldened in their stance and eventually head up joining the Brands haters. The Brands haters then have a go at someone giving minor praise to Brands and the process works in the other direction. Before you know it we're stuck in an endless cycle of the two extremes battling, with everyone else caught in the middle

Also known as The Martinez Era of "Cult" Vs "Plotters"

Let's just not do that again eh? There's still time to nip this in the bud

68D7E5AD-1EC4-44EC-B39B-66211F75676E.jpeg

We can't keep spending vast sums of money each summer, some people need to lower their expectations.

We are expected to have made a massive loss in the next set of figures with at least 75% of our turnover going on wages.

We need to cut our cloth accordingly, especially to fund a new stadium in the next few years.

We need to shift the deadwood to make room for the new signings.

But we have been linked with huge bids everywhere, you totally ignore them because they do not suit you MO. How can you possibly cry when if are bidding 30/40mil? It totally ruins your buzz.

As soon as we sign a champs league/prem winner for 8mil you cant wait to destroy him before he kicks a ball.

Did you say anything good last summer? After all those signings? I have never seen you say a good thing about us.

Genuine question, are your initially JS?
£30m/£40m isn’t big money anymore. Leicester, West Ham, etc are in that market.

Delph hasn’t won the Champions League and he was a bit part player in City’s squad. I don’t have to see him kick a ball here to know he’s bang average and not going to elevate us past 8th. It is especially disheartening knowing that he’s more than likely the replacement for the much superior Gueye.

Why would I say anything good last summer, either? What did it get us? 8th, again.

I want a successful Everton, I don’t view what we’re doing as success, or even on the path to success.

Push back against Brands? Why? Just to be alternative? I can’t see any reason to doubt him based on the evidence we’ve seen so far.

After a year of Walsh we could clearly see the mess we’d gotten ourselves into. A year of Brands and we can see tangible signs of progress, albeit small at the moment.

Push back against the slavish worship of Brands mate that sees people getting their faces chewed off for offering even the most gentle of criticism

Again, I think Brands has overall done well, but he's not got a spotless record either. There's a happy middle ground between acting like Brands is some kind of Demi-God and acting like he's crap at his job. Neither are true

But we have been linked with huge bids everywhere, you totally ignore them because they do not suit you MO. How can you possibly cry when if are bidding 30/40mil? It totally ruins your buzz.

As soon as we sign a champs league/prem winner for 8mil you cant wait to destroy him before he kicks a ball.

Did you say anything good last summer? After all those signings? I have never seen you say a good thing about us.

Genuine question, are your initially JS?

He doesn’t give a toss about the club, only satisfying his own ego. It’d be a knife to the gut for him if this regime brought us success.

Status
Not open for further replies.