Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mainly because he barely qualifies as a footballer.

Fun fact: "Danny Welbeck" is the answer to the question "Name a player who wouldn't get into the team at CF ahead of Cenk Tosun"

....if I was marking the paper, i’d say you got that question wrong.

Welbeck’s problem is injuries, he’ll likely be a liability for any club who sign him. On the rare occasion he’s fit, he’s much better than Tosun. Indeed, he’s probably still better when he’s injured.

Totally disagree mate.

I see where youre coming from but we need to have 3 top wide players so we can rotate. Richarlison will need resting as he has the Copa this summer and I wouldnt want Brahimi starting which makes a free transfer a waste of money.

I dont think we should look at 'backup' players...as that just means the squad is only being strengthened in numbers. We either should be aiming for starters (which at the very least increases competition) or u21s who have the potential to be starters and can rotate in/out.

If we sold Walcott, Bolasie, Lookman, Mirallas and Onyekuru then we would bring in a decent amount e.g £55mil and a huge amount of wages.

I'd hope that we would go for a player who can play both left/right and would be at the same level as Bernard/Richarlison or even better...or an u21 player with the potential to be much better.

Brahimi isnt a good signing and would ask for insane wages as hes free...thats something were trying to move away from...

Either we go for Malcom on loan or try for Neres, Lozano or Bergwijn...or similar quality.

I also dont understand why we would look at cheap options in centre midfield when it consists of two 30year olds (sept Sigurdsson/Gana) and a 20 year old (Davies). Its an area where i would expect us to bring in one youngster e.g Sosa and one or two top players.
At some point we need to have 3 wide players who can all rotate. But we cant get that this window, and get a top CF, a top CB, a top RB, and 2 CMs. We cant afford that. That means you either do without at a couple of those positions, or you find a way to get either loans, or a free transfer. Malcolm will have plenty of suitors, so if we fail on him, considering CF and CB will be top priorities, we then have the choice of playing Walcott again, or the likes of Brahimi(on appropriate wages), who we can sell in 2 years at a great profit.

....if I was marking the paper, i’d say you got that question wrong.

Welbeck’s problem is injuries, he’ll likely be a liability for any club who sign him. On the rare occasion he’s fit, he’s much better than Tosun. Indeed, he’s probably still better when he’s injured.
His record is dreadful though, something like 69 in 304 games which is poor when you think of the teams he has played for.

Status
Not open for further replies.