Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m welsh and I didn’t think it was an American term. I would say it’s a number 10 that isn’t a class play maker more of a goal threat
IE siggurdsson, Dele Ali is the same and Tim Cahill was the same. They definitely aren’t number 10’s. Well what you would class as a number 10 in the past.

It's not an American Term. Alli sits a bit deeper, but they are similar players. Siggy has played a bit deeper a couple times and I honestly believe he's good in that role - he's a good defensive player and his work rate makes up for his lack of athleticism. I think he'd be FINE in either of Silva's 4-3-3s in front of the two CMs/DMs.

How is a guy that's had double digit assists twice in his PL career for a poor side NOT a class play maker?

Again, I think we can associating a 10 with a style of play - holding the ball, dribbling, passing first, not necessarily a threat from distance, etc.

Because for the transfer to happen 3 things have to occur
Barca set a minimum price
Club(s) meet that price
Gomes has to agree to the transfer
If Barca want shut badly enough and rumour is they want a clear out then Gomes holds the key to the transfer
The one thing that the “bidding” process doesn’t take into account is players refusing deals. In MLB NFL NHL and other American Leagues players are traded without the players willing to sometimes

I said this in the Gylfi thread too, but i think the issue with him is simple. He doesnt always play as a10, he’s a very flexible player, asked to play many roles. Juding him as a 10 every game is unfair to the player and manager,yet its done again and again and again.

I’m welsh and I didn’t think it was an American term. I would say it’s a number 10 that isn’t a class play maker more of a goal threat
IE siggurdsson, Dele Ali is the same and Tim Cahill was the same. They definitely aren’t number 10’s. Well what you would class as a number 10 in the past.
Daglsh , Giles , Cantona , Beardsley
Siggy is the nearest thing we have to a No 10 in our current squad

Difference how? Is your point that scoring goals is not winning games and therefor not changing them? Surely its not?
It’s great he’s close to getting 15 goals this season, playing off the striker how many pens? But we didn’t pay 45mil for him to score 10 goals from open play a season.

We paid that for him the dominate the final 3rd and create chance after chance. And I’m not sure he does create enough or control games for us.

Interesting question, who would you say in this run of 5 wins in 8. Has Bernard (1 goal) or Sigurdsson (4/5 goals) been the better, more influential player.

Daglsh , Giles , Cantona , Beardsley
Siggy is the nearest thing we have to a No 10 in our current squad
Seriously mate. I don’t remember Giles. But the other 3 are world class and on another level to siggurdsson.

And like I said all them 3 are miles ahead from a technical point of view and would influence games that won teams titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.